The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

How difficult is Imperial to get in for a post graduate? Entry Requirements

I currently study Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nottingham, though was wondering how difficult it would be to try and do my masters in Imperial?

I'm currently in my second year, and I have had no internship experience as of yet, I plan on doing an internship after my 3rd year, which would be before my application I make to imperial.

Can anyone shed some light? Am I delusional to think I can get in?
bump :/
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I will be starting my Masters in chemistry/engineering this October.

Make sure you have good grades (>70%) for the modules you are studying as Imperial (or any uni really) will want to see your transcript. Additionally you need very good references. Internship experience is not necessary. Very good grades and references are.

Apply early (October/November) if you want a funded place/scholarship.
Original post by TimetoSucceed
I currently study Mechanical Engineering at the University of Nottingham, though was wondering how difficult it would be to try and do my masters in Imperial?

I'm currently in my second year, and I have had no internship experience as of yet, I plan on doing an internship after my 3rd year, which would be before my application I make to imperial.

Can anyone shed some light? Am I delusional to think I can get in?

I'm in my final year of Mechanical Engineering at Newcastle and I have a conditional offer. I don't have any internship / placement experiences and wouldn't think it would be much of a problem for you too.
Just make sure you have a 1st with good references and a good personal statement. Mine took 2 months to write...
Show that you're passionate about the subject and give them confidence that you are one of those people who can make Imperial shine.
Get a first and you're in pretty much anywhere. Most places will take a 2.1, Imperial perhaps being one of the few exceptions. Masters' degrees aren't that popular and you pay cash.
Original post by piskantilia
I'm in my final year of Mechanical Engineering at Newcastle and I have a conditional offer. I don't have any internship / placement experiences and wouldn't think it would be much of a problem for you too.
Just make sure you have a 1st with good references and a good personal statement. Mine took 2 months to write...
Show that you're passionate about the subject and give them confidence that you are one of those people who can make Imperial shine.

Hi. For which programme do you have an offer, if you don't mind? Is it the Advanced Mechanical Engineering programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
would like some more opinions or people with experience to share if possible, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending