The Student Room Group

How do I set a gif as my avatar?

As the titles states... I want to set a gif as my avatar but it never works :s-smilie: Is there a certain way you do it? Or it works for some gifs and not for others?

The .gif I want to use is ...

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gif avatars are for those who bought the subscription to TSR.
Original post by Sponge_
Gif avatars are for those who bought the subscription to TSR.

People buy subscriptions? £40 yearly for the ability to look fabulous on a forum?
Reply 3
Original post by Sir Candour
People buy subscriptions? £40 yearly for the ability to look fabulous on a forum?

Look at the features here and tell me why people want to get subscription? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=subscribe-to-tsr
Yep, just for the avatar and colour on their username. All that other stuff is trash.
Original post by Sponge_
Look at the features here and tell me why people want to get subscription? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=subscribe-to-tsr
Yep, just for the avatar and colour on their username. All that other stuff is trash.

B-But TSR Pro allows me to make revision cards!!! I certainly could not do that for a couple of quid, using cards purchased online and a pen, at home. No siree!
Original post by Imperion
As the titles states... I want to set a gif as my avatar but it never works :s-smilie: Is there a certain way you do it? Or it works for some gifs and not for others?

The .gif I want to use is ...

Spoiler

You can only do it if you subscribe to TSR.
Original post by Sir Candour

Many of us have free subscriptions.
Reply 7
Original post by Birkenhead
Many of us have free subscriptions.

**** off, are you serious? I thought I was one of a handful with a free subscription.
Reply 8
Original post by Maid Marian
How did you get a free one?

I don't know, they just gave me a free subscription after my paid one ran out. I've had a free one for ages.
How did you get a free one?

HAHA are you paying £40 a year for the privilege of a slightly bigger avatar? I haven't paid a dime for about a year and a half
HAHA are you paying £40 a year for the privilege of a slightly bigger avatar? I haven't paid a dime for about a year and a half

There's a bit more to it than that, in her case.
Original post by lustawny
There's a bit more to it than that, in her case.

?

Lol, of course not.

Then what?
Reply 12
?

Then what?

I believe she won the subscription through a TSR contest. As for all the others, yeah they threw moniez for a freakin avatar and username colour.
Reply 13
Ohh..... well **** :/
?

She uses the shout box regularly.
Reply 15
How do you know that, newbie? :sly:

Reply 16
:top:

Original post by Sponge_
I believe she won the subscription through a TSR contest. As for all the others, yeah they threw moniez for a freakin avatar and username colour.

I threw moniez, but definitely not for a freaking avatar and username colour :ninja:
Attachment not found
Original post by Dell PC
Attachment not found

Dell this thread is ****ing 6 years old what are you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest