Bustamove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I was going to support the conservatives, but after seeing the UKIP manifesto, there are a few policies that I don't agree with but the majority of their policies seems pretty decent to me and I am seriously considering supporting them. (I'm not even white! I'm Asian!)

The main policy that I agree on with UKIP is leaving the EU. If we leave the EU, we can negotiate a fair trade deal similar to the one that Switzerland has. We can have a seat in the World trade organisation and can finally trade freely with whoever we want without being forced by the EU to impose a tariff when trading with other countries outside the EU.

I have nothing against immigrants but I do agree with the fact that it should be controlled and leaving the EU and adopting the Australian point based immigration system would be a good idea.

I seem to be the only one in my school that agrees with UKIP LOL
Anyway, are UKIP actually racists? or is it just people taking the piss and media attacking their image? Is it just their supporters which are racists? They're not as racist as the BNP are they?
themuffin96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Depends what you class as racist! Their policies simply promote the welfare of British citizens above those who haven't arrived yet...I fully admit that some of their members have said some ridiculous things, but in my eyes actions speak louder than words and what the past parties have done on relation to money and finances for the country have really stuffed up!

Just my opinion really. I know most people hate on UKIP, but hey their policies are decent and maybe fresh ideas would be a benefit!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Dictator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am black and a proud UKIP supporter.
Smug Life
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think that UKIP are racists, though I think that a significant proportion of those who will vote for them are.
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conservatives all the way. UKIP are not only racist but also ridiculously stupid
Farm_Ecology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bustamove)
Anyway, are UKIP actually racists?
Simply?

No

or is it just people taking the piss and media attacking their image? Is it just their supporters which are racists? They're not as racist as the BNP are they?
Yes and no. There is a very direct effort to discredit UKIP. It's popular to dislike UKIP, and that dislike is being used by many politicians as a way of diverting attention away from them ("at least we are not them!").

Are some of their supporters racists? Of course. A racist would naturally be drawn to any party that supports reducing the amount of people that are not of their race in their country, while maximizing the amount of the same race. So of course, many racists will be drawn towards UKIP and the tories. But does this mean UKIP as a whole, or even that most of UKIP members/supporters are racist? Of course not.
Bustamove
Rep:
?
(Original post by quentinhamilton)
Conservatives all the way. UKIP are not only racist but also ridiculously stupid
please tell me why you think UKIP are ridiculously stupid and what they have done or what they are going to do which makes them racists?

EDIT: would be preferable if you backed it up with sources of some kind proving that they are racists
leinad2012
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I distinctly remember a "friend" on my fb during the EU referendum who supported UKIP constantly posting about UKIP not being a racist party and them having common sense policies. Now, that may be true, but I also distinctly remember him dropping N-bombs and racial slurs against Chinese and Pakistani's on a daily basis, as well as using derogatory terms about Jews and homosexuals (not racist obviously but anti-Semitic and homophobic). UKIP's core politicians may not be racist (or are very good at hiding it), but lots of their minor MP's and a lot of their supporters most certainly are
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
UKIP are not racist.
Bustamove
Rep:
?
(Original post by leinad2012)
I distinctly remember a "friend" on my fb during the EU referendum who supported UKIP constantly posting about UKIP not being a racist party and them having common sense policies. Now, that may be true, but I also distinctly remember him dropping N-bombs and racial slurs against Chinese and Pakistani's on a daily basis, as well as using derogatory terms about Jews and homosexuals (not racist obviously but anti-Semitic and homophobic). UKIP's core politicians may not be racist (or are very good at hiding it), but lots of their minor MP's and a lot of their supporters most certainly are
It's a shame if they are... IMO, UKIP has some great policies (I don't agree with them all, but the main one about leaving the EU is one that I support)

If I were you, I would have removed your friend from my FB list... I would get sick of his racist comments...
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They aren't racist. I'm Asian as well and I'm voting for them

It's just smear campaigns by BBC, Tory and Labour trying to brand them as racist so they get less votes.
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can be 100% certain there are racists voting for every party though lol. It's a big country
Kiytt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anecdotal fallacy; if you believe that an entire political party and its supporters should be branded racist, anti-Semitic, xenophobic—whatever it may be—just because the handful of MPs who make such remarks are given the media spotlight, or you knew a racist who supported the party, then that's disappointing.
quentinhamilton
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
please tell me why you think UKIP are ridiculously stupid and what they have done or what they are going to do which makes them racists?

EDIT: would be preferable if you backed it up with sources of some kind proving that they are racists
Never witnessed such sexist, racist and homophobic party in my entire life making them absolutely stupid
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Kiytt)
Anecdotal fallacy; if you believe that an entire political party and its supporters should be branded racist, anti-Semitic, xenophobic—whatever it may be—just because the handful of MPs who make such remarks are given the media spotlight, or you knew a racist who supported the party, then that's disappointing.
I'm not saying the whole party is, I'm saying a lot of their small town MP's are as are a lot of their supporters.
leinad2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
You can be 100% certain there are racists voting for every party though lol. It's a big country
Yes, but I am sure there is a greater %age of their supporters are racist, because their policies attract to them
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, but I am sure there is a greater %age of their supporters are racist, because their policies attract to them
But their policies aren't racist. So it doesn't really matter lol.

Never witnessed such sexist, racist and homophobic party in my entire life making them absolutely stupid
What makes you think that?
Bustamove
Rep:
?
You've just completed ignored my reply... I'll ask you again.. Please explain to me how they are "ridiculously stupid", "sexist, racist and homophobic party"...
Convince me why I should not vote for them

Otherwise I'll take it that you're trolling me O.o
Yawn!
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Read this and then make up your mind.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ting-the-party

Also, while they may not be the only party with racist supporters, they nevertheless have the highest percentage of racist supporters (self-admitted).

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_6733996.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (76)
23.6%
No (246)
76.4%

Watched Threads