The Student Room Group

Job Prospects

I'm looking to come to the UK as an international student to get a computer science degree, but I'm worried about the job prospects. My goal would be able to get a work visa after my studies; what are the chances of that happening? And I would have to attend a lower level uni due to financial circumstances.
Hard to say. Employers are not desperate as there are tons of skilled but unwanted IT people in countries like Spain and Greece (EU).
Reply 2
Original post by not elohssa
Hard to say. Employers are not desperate as there are tons of skilled but unwanted IT people in countries like Spain and Greece (EU).

Do you know any degrees that would give a better chance to finding a job? I thought that computer science would be one of the more in demand degrees.
Original post by bluedude588
Do you know any degrees that would give a better chance to finding a job? I thought that computer science would be one of the more in demand degrees.

Medicine perhaps. TBH I'm not sure what the immigration process is; but there is plenty of cheap and skilled graduate developers in southern and eastern europe; Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece etc. There is also a large number of French and Italian IT graduates coming to the UK these days as well. I'd imagine only people with a niche skill set can get a visa i.e. no generic java, .NET or c++ developers.
Reply 4
Original post by not elohssa
Medicine perhaps. TBH I'm not sure what the immigration process is; but there is plenty of cheap and skilled graduate developers in southern and eastern europe; Spain, Bulgaria, Romania, Greece etc. There is also a large number of French and Italian IT graduates coming to the UK these days as well. I'd imagine only people with a niche skill set can get a visa i.e. no generic java, .NET or c++ developers.

Hmm well hopefully I'll get lucky I guess!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending