LamantChenille
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm thinking of applying to universities for Theology for 2016 entry, however, I want to apply for courses which focus on Christian theology as this is my main interest. I was just wondering if people knew which courses focus on this area as so far I only really know of St Andrews, Oxford and Cambridge.
Thanks!
hollyobxox
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LamantChenille)
I'm thinking of applying to universities for Theology for 2016 entry, however, I want to apply for courses which focus on Christian theology as this is my main interest. I was just wondering if people knew which courses focus on this area as so far I only really know of St Andrews, Oxford and Cambridge.
Thanks!
I am not entirely sure but there is St Mary's in Belfast which has a main focus on Christianity - well I think it is Catholicism but that is Christianity!!
DPOJ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd say pretty much most Uni's focus mainly on Christianity and there are modules you can choose. If you wanted you could choose all modules related to Christianity.

St Mary's University in London is very Christian focussed, mainly from a Catholic perspective, i've heard Leeds Trinity is also very Christian Orientated.
sombm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just out of interest does anyone know if there were any Russell Group Theology places in Clearing this year and, if so, how many and which universities? I'm thinking of applying for either 2016 or 2017 entry - I was just trying to see in advance if it is common to get Russell Group uni places in clearing for theology so if I missed the offer I could still get in. Thanks very much.
DPOJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im not too sure. Im going to exeter to do theology. Its worth calling them and asking
(Original post by sombm)
Just out of interest does anyone know if there were any Russell Group Theology places in Clearing this year and, if so, how many and which universities? Thanks very much.
sombm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by DPOJ)
Im not too sure. Im going to exeter to do theology. Its worth calling them and asking
Thanks for this - I'm thinking of applying for either 2016 or 2017 entry - I was just trying to see in advance if it is common to get Russell Group uni places in clearing for theology so if I missed the offer I could still get in. Thanks anyway and I hope you enjoy exeter - certainly looks good for theology!
DPOJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
No problem - ah i see. I think it is definitely possible, though less likely than non russell group uni's perhaps. Hopefully it wont come to clearing though.

Thank you! Yeah it does. I cant wait!
(Original post by sombm)
Thanks for this - I'm thinking of applying for either 2016 or 2017 entry - I was just trying to see in advance if it is common to get Russell Group uni places in clearing for theology so if I missed the offer I could still get in. Thanks anyway and I hope you enjoy exeter - certainly looks good for theology!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (555)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (427)
11.2%
Lack of purpose or motivation (525)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (189)
4.96%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (228)
5.98%
Loneliness (319)
8.37%
Financial worries (141)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (149)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (217)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (341)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (358)
9.39%

Watched Threads