The Student Room Group

OCR Media Studies: G325 (Critical Perspectives)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ysiberi
I had to use two other booklets...still don't think it was in enough detail though, forgot so much of what I learnt! Congrats on your exam though, sounds like it went well for you! :smile:

Bless ya! I only used one other booklet, had I got another 10 mins or so I think I would've cracked on to another one! Haha! And aw thank you! I hope your exam went really well! Even if there's tiny bits you've forgotten, I'm sure you won't have lost out on tonnes of marks! ☺️
Original post by laurenolivia
I answered the postmdoern question first then 1a and 1b. I took up nearly the whole booklet just for postmodernism, I had to get two extra sheets of paper. I revised narrative but once I entered the exam I just forgot everyone except Todorov, so I try bring in other theorists.. I'm just not happy with how that section 1 was, barely did any practice on it in class either and I don't know if i compared them correctly.. Bye bye A grade:frown:

Well I'm sure you did your best, there's no harm in trying! It was impossible for me to get an A at this point due to the exam last year!
Original post by SCartwrightTHS
Bless ya! I only used one other booklet, had I got another 10 mins or so I think I would've cracked on to another one! Haha! And aw thank you! I hope your exam went really well! Even if there's tiny bits you've forgotten, I'm sure you won't have lost out on tonnes of marks! ☺️

Aw well I'm sure you've still done fantastic! Quality over quantity :smile:!! Although I think I did that in the opposite manner haha ^.^ Thanks though, I guess all we can do is sit and wait for results day now...That should be oh so fun...:ashamed2::bawling::bawling::bawling:
I didn't write about the future for section B will I lose marks?
Well I'm sure you did your best, there's no harm in trying! It was impossible for me to get an A at this point due to the exam last year!

I got a B overall last year but my A in coursework this year brought me to a high A overall (if the examiner don't take marks off my coursework) and I just needed a B in this exam but I don't know if I got it :frown::frown:
Original post by MatttotheBrooker

I don't think you'll lose marks, you just won't get the marks for that part
Original post by Ysiberi
Aw well I'm sure you've still done fantastic! Quality over quantity :smile:!! Although I think I did that in the opposite manner haha ^.^ Thanks though, I guess all we can do is sit and wait for results day now...That should be oh so fun...:ashamed2::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Indeed! You'll be fine! ☺️👍🏻

Not really, it would have achieved you a few marks but it's not like a big chunk of marks lost!
I don't think you'll lose marks, you just won't get the marks for that part

oh ok I guess that's ok
And for improvements in section 1A I wrote about how I made my product look professional by following conventions as for section 1b I only mentioned four theoriesI want an A to get a B but scared I won't be able tooShould've done much better last year
I got a B overall last year but my A in coursework this year brought me to a high A overall (if the examiner don't take marks off my coursework) and I just needed a B in this exam but I don't know if I got it :frown::frown:

I was 6 UMS off a B last year and got an A in Coursework this year, had I resit the AS exam this year, I might have stood a better chance! I need 25 for a C, 65 for a B and then 105 for an A! (So unless I get full marks and the moderator puts mine up by five then I don't know! Apparently I might be the only person to have done the Children's TV Drama brief this year so god knows what they going to think!
oh ok I guess that's ok
And for improvements in section 1A I wrote about how I made my product look professional by following conventions as for section 1b I only mentioned four theoriesI want an A to get a B but scared I won't be able tooShould've done much better last year

I said about the professional thing too!
My teacher said that OCR are more leniant with marks on section a so let us pray
Anyone doing postmodernism did you write about how the relevant theorists change the audiences media experience?
I was 6 UMS off a B last year and got an A in Coursework this year, had I resit the AS exam this year, I might have stood a better chance! I need 25 for a C, 65 for a B and then 105 for an A! (So unless I get full marks and the moderator puts mine up by five then I don't know! Apparently I might be the only person to have done the Children's TV Drama brief this year so god knows what they going to think!

oh god! well good luck anyway, you seem like you got it
Exam wasn't too bad! Was a little surprised to see narrative though?

I wrote about Todorov, Propp, Strauss and Barthes - would that have been enough?

Used 4 booklets in total :biggrin: here's to an A hopefully!
Also does anyone know what marks you have to get overall for an A?
Original post by Lorrenbm
Also does anyone know what marks you have to get overall for an A?

In the exam, 81/100!
Overall, 320/400!
[QUOTE=SCartwrightTHS;56623871]In the exam, 81/100!
Overall, 320/400!

I've got a C for my first year coursework (64) and a B for my a2 coursework (75)
I've resat my as exam so need Basically 91 on both exams LOL NOT HAPPENING RIP UNI
In the exam, 81/100!
Overall, 320/400!

I need at least 70 marks in this exam... ****
Lol id need 95 to get an A, oh wells id be happy with a B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending