The Student Room Group

OCR Media Studies: G325 (Critical Perspectives)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by turiga28
Does anyone have the grade boundaries?

80 - a 70 - b 60 - c 50 - d 40 - e 0 - u
Original post by Unknown_7
80 - a
70 - b
60 - c
50 - d
40 - e
0 - u

Thank you so much
Does anyone think genre is a possibility for 1B?
What areas do we cover when answering about conventions of real media texts?
Reply 64
Original post by bethanyw27
Does anyone think genre is a possibility for 1B?

I would highly doubt it since it was in June 2014
Original post by zdpp
I would highly doubt it since it was in June 2014

oh man! its my favourite one I'm expecting Narrative but hoping its not
Think narrative might come up for 1b
Reply 67
Original post by bethanyw27
oh man! its my favourite one I'm expecting Narrative but hoping its not

I think either audience or media language but its exams so you never know
Original post by zdpp

Dont take any risks! Make sure you revise them all equally except for genre!

Good Luck!
Original post by zdpp

I'd love it to be media language, but yeah revising them all equally

good luck for friday
What do we write as 'for' and 'against' for postmodernism if that was to come up in Question 2?
Original post by iLastKinq
What do we write as 'for' and 'against' for postmodernism if that was to come up in Question 2?

For:
Baudrilard
Lyotard
Barthes
Strinati

Against:
Jameson
Habermas
Marx
Original post by laurenolivia
For:
Baudrilard
Lyotard
Barthes
Strinati

Against:
Jameson
Habermas
Marx

Thanks alot. Unfortunately we haven't learned anything about Hebermas or Marx in my college... Is there any documents/handouts you could give me?
Attachment not found
image.jpg
Thanks alot. Unfortunately we haven't learned anything about Hebermas or Marx in my college... Is there any documents/handouts you could give me?

Heres what i am using, hope they help x
I am!

Yeah I am mate. Easy going.

Original post by Lorrenbm
Me!

Right, can I ask you guys, what media texts are you looking at? I am having two dilemmas

1) I read one the mark scheme that you have to use 'two medias'... is that referring two different types of media i.e Music videos and Film. I showed my teacher this and he is not sure. If you do have to use at least two, do you have to compare through out?

2) How do you apply the 'Future and Historical' part of the mark scheme (hopefully you know what I mean) to Postmodernism? Do you reference this in each paragraph... I have no clue

3) Any general structure you want to throw at me please do, thanks.
Original post by studdybuddy101
Right, can I ask you guys, what media texts are you looking at? I am having two dilemmas

1) I read one the mark scheme that you have to use 'two medias'... is that referring two different types of media i.e Music videos and Film. I showed my teacher this and he is not sure. If you do have to use at least two, do you have to compare through out?

2) How do you apply the 'Future and Historical' part of the mark scheme (hopefully you know what I mean) to Postmodernism? Do you reference this in each paragraph... I have no clue

When referring to two medias,i believe it means two different media like TV, newspaper, online etc
is anyone doing media and collective identity?
Attachment not found
image.jpg

Heres what i am using, hope they help x

Could you quickly explain why Marx is an argument against postmodernism? The handout doesn't really link to PM?
Original post by studdybuddy101

1) Right, from what I was taught and understand you have to include two different types of media text e.g. film, tv dramas, music, games - my teacher taught us all of them so we got to pick, I'm aiming to do Games, Film and Music.
2) For future, I'm simply including it in my conclusion. For historical that simply refers to pre-postmodernism, so modernism, I personally include that in the intro when i define postmodernsim etc.

My structure is:
Intro: What is postmodernism, what is postmodern media, a bit of historical context, traditional media conventions and touch on some conventions of postmodern media e.g. confusion of time and space, style over substance.
Para 1-3: One topic for each paragraph, plenty of case studies and link as many theorists as possible.
Conclusion: Future, where its going, where you think its going.

4 things our teacher told us to include in the essay is
1) Theorists/case studies
2) Personal Opinion (throughout ask yourself if you agree etc)
3) History
4) Audience/industry

THIS IS A PLAN THAT I USE SO DON'T USE IT IF YOU DON'T THINK IT WON'T WORK FOR YOU, I CANT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE PLS, IM JUST TRYING TO HELP x
1)

THIS IS A PLAN THAT I USE SO DON'T USE IT IF YOU DON'T THINK IT WON'T WORK FOR YOU, I CANT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE PLS, IM JUST TRYING TO HELP x

Haha. Thanks that really helps me to get an idea, the only thing I am not clear on is 'industry', how do you talk about that with postmodernism?

Also just want to say that I read in the examiners report that you shouldn't put too many case studies but just have a select few it said 'rather than a scatter gun approach with 7 or 8 example' just thought I let you know cause you said you were going to put as many as possible? Maybe I interpreted it wrong though. it might of meant not 7/8 media types e.g Music video/ gaming/ reality tv/ film and so on.

But yeah, thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending