The Student Room Group

Warwick vs King's College - Computer Science BSc

Poll

Warwick or Kings for Computer Science BSc

Hi my name is Haaris
I am currently studying A2 maths physics and further maths.
So in two weeks I have to decide which uni I have to firm, from the conditional offers I've got which are: University of Warwick, Kings College London, and Queen Mary London.
I think when compared to the first two, Queen Mary is out of the question.
So my question is which uni is better Warwick or King's?
I live in London. So if I go Warwick, I will have to move out. Whereas if I choose King's I will probably live at home where it takes around 1 hour to travel to King's.
Honestly I'm not too keen on moving away from home and going away from my parents.
However if Warwick is the better uni I will be willing to move out.
I am looking for the uni which has the best employability prospects in London. King's seems logical then, but Warwick has a better course (more maths based) and I am told has a lot of good links. And on top of everything I am worried about the debt I will be in if I go Warwick (around double as I will be loaning money for accommodation and food and stuff). So I am hoping that someone can advice me on which uni to firm and insure.
If I choose Warwick to firm, I will insure King's.
If I choose King's to firm, I will insure Queen Mary's.
So which uni has better: reputation, employability (graduate) prospect, course?
As mentioned earlier I have less than two weeks to decide. So it would be MUCH appreciated if someone can help me out. Thank you :smile:
Warwicks course is ranked higher and is part of the G5 which makes it a target to for finance. But with kings they are in London so also get targeted just not as much. Either way you'll have a great time is choose Warwick though due to the ranking! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acontium
Warwicks course is ranked higher and is part of the G5 which makes it a target to for finance. But with kings they are in London so also get targeted just not as much. Either way you'll have a great time is choose Warwick though due to the ranking! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This misinformation is getting absurd and so is the excessive 'Warwick' hype. It is not in the G5. The G5 consists of Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial and UCL. As much as Warwick students want a 'G6', it isn't a thing.
I purely went on what a lot of people say and the type of companies that they attract to their careers fair... But okay
But I just say they aren't G5 but are part of the top target group :smile:
To be perfectly honest with you, you will not go wrong with either one. I voted Warwick, because I think it has a better course. In your particular case, I think the circumstances surrounding your choice will be more important. Both universities offer their pros and cons so it is up to you really.

Quick Reply