Planning to go Nepal to help out but dont know where to start.

Watch
axt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
as you may have heard about the earthquakes in nepal, there have been more than 20 aftershocks which has caused so much destruction (as told by my family member that lives in Nepal). The number of deaths are going to exceed past 5000 just in main city and more than 80% of houses have been destructed in the rural areas.
Anyways, I am planning to go Nepal and help out after my exam finishes. I dont really like donating money as I dont know where the money is going. So I am planning to take tents and first aid kits to Nepal. I am going to take few clothing, medicines and want to take as much equipments as possible. I am planning to go there for couple of months. I have been looking online to see if an organization needs voluneer but i cant find any. I havent done any indepth search as I also need to focus for my exam .
How can I help out once i reach Nepal? I am mainly going to be based in Kathmandu (main city) but wouldnt mind at all going to rural areas and helping out. Also what would i need to take with me?
Shahh112
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is entirely unrealistic - it'll cost more to get you there than you'll probably deliver in aid - donate to a well known charity and they'll use your money better than you can and they'll also have the relevant links in those places

Posted from TSR Mobile
stoltguyboo
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Although this is noble this is foolhardy at the same time it is incredibly dangerous for even the rescuers to help people let alone a ordinary guy even though with noble purposes it's best to donate to a reliable charity rather than go on your own...

I strongly urge you not to do this and donate money to a charity instead they are much more skilled in this field than you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (93)
64.58%
I don't have everything I need (51)
35.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed