The Student Room Group

AQA Drama and Theatre Studies

Hey!
I'm sitting both AQA Drama and Theatre Studies AS and A2 in the next few weeks and I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who is starting to panic a little bit too...
Also, does anyone have the 2014 exam questions or any 2015 predictions at all please? I'm resitting it in my Gap Year and can't find anything online :frown: Specifically for me, I'm doing Antigone and then Lady Windermere/View From The Bridge...ANY help would be insanely useful!!!

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing AS Drama and Theatre Studies, studying Antigone as well. Last year, the two questions were on the Chorus and the Guard (awful questions tbh- I do not envy those Year Twelves) so the likelihood of either of those coming up is less. Don't know much else, though. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher used to write the papers and used to head AQA drama, and he said that as last years Chorus question was purely on the Parados, so The Chorus might come up within a staging question or within a scene. My teacher is telling us later in the week his proper predictions so i'll tell you them then, although obviously revise everything...
From what he's said so far a question on Creon and Antigone may come up, or maybe Tiresias and Creon. But as I said I'll let you know - he'll also be making Live Theatre Response ones so I'll tell you those too - hopefully he'll be right as he's never been wrong before :smile:
^^^^
The predictions for Antigone are:
Something to do with Ismene - her as a solo has only ever come up once since the paper change...
And Creon and Tiresias
There also hasn't been a design question for a while :smile:
These are just based on how many times they've come up in comparison to others, so don't take them literally although understanding them further is probably advisable :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheEmilyG
Hey!
I'm sitting both AQA Drama and Theatre Studies AS and A2 in the next few weeks and I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there who is starting to panic a little bit too...
Also, does anyone have the 2014 exam questions or any 2015 predictions at all please? I'm resitting it in my Gap Year and can't find anything online :frown: Specifically for me, I'm doing Antigone and then Lady Windermere/View From The Bridge...ANY help would be insanely useful!!!

What specifically do you need help in? I am also doing A View from a Bridge (and a few others but i am hoping i can relate my live theatre to that) alonside Antigone and i have been achieving good grades in both, but its always good to talk to someone who is doing the same topics as you!! :smile:
What are the predictions for live theatre?
It's hard to predict LTR because the questions can't vary too much each year - however for the more specific one, an interaction question may come up because it hasn't for a while, and my teacher has a hunch! Hopefully it does, that would be perfect...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! And agreed that would be nice!
It makes sense why there would be an interaction! Obviously make sure your notes are capable of a range of different questions though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What ideas do you have for Teiresias??
Original post by hannahrose11
What ideas do you have for Teiresias??

Do you mean the question or what I'd write about him/cast him as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write about him
Teiresias:
He is an Augur
He should be older than the Exarchos, so at about 80 years old to show his wisdom
You need to reference to his boy but there's no need to cast and costume him, just reference to him leading Teiresias on/off
I would put Teiresias in - a brown himation, he would be bare foot, with weathered skin, I want him at 6 foot but hunched over to about 5 foot 6, so when he gets angry at Creon he can straighten himself up with rage so he towers over him
He would have a rag over his eyes, and rip it off when he gets angry too, revealing milky contacts on his eyes underneath
In my opinion, you would hear his staff before you see Teiresias - tension building

Teiresias development in his scene with Creon:
At first, he's respectful
Then moving more to concerned
Finishing with rage

Anything else?
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you so much. Big help!
No problem! If you want anything else about characters then feel free to ask! :smile:
Original post by livcf_sierra
Teiresias:
He is an Augur
He should be older than the Exarchos, so at about 80 years old to show his wisdom
You need to reference to his boy but there's no need to cast and costume him, just reference to him leading Teiresias on/off
I would put Teiresias in - a brown himation, he would be bare foot, with weathered skin, I want him at 6 foot but hunched over to about 5 foot 6, so when he gets angry at Creon he can straighten himself up with rage so he towers over him
He would have a rag over his eyes, and rip it off when he gets angry too, revealing milky contacts on his eyes underneath
In my opinion, you would hear his staff before you see Teiresias - tension building

Teiresias development in his scene with Creon:
At first, he's respectful
Then moving more to concerned
Finishing with rage

Anything else?

Do you have any good points on the character of Ismene or Haemon? I found these ones extremely helpful, thankyou!!
For Haemon besides the casting and costume - you just need to remember that he starts of respectful with Creon (his emotional development is similar to Tiresias') then as his love for Antigone over powers his father, he becomes furious....make sure you get the emotional changes!

Regarding Ismene, don't portray her throughout as the submissive sympathetic character. Make sure you show different sides to her - unless obviously the question is closed and gives you something like "to gain the audience response of sympathy"

When she comes on for the second time, her ornate peplos would be torn, her hair fallen down, with bare feet and run makeup :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Is anybody doing A Doll's house?!!?
Original post by hannahrose11
What are the predictions for live theatre?

i jackie maybe emotional response ?:smile: this smiley is to ameliorate any bluntness!!! :wink:
Original post by livcf_sierra
No problem! If you want anything else about characters then feel free to ask! :smile:

hey really sorry to bother you ... help on Heamon? :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending