The Student Room Group

I feel so humiliated...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sliceofcake
I actually find it more embarrassing that she feels it was okay to say something like that, especially if she was loud about it :/ I get the impression that your friendship is so far gone that she actually wanted to humiliate you, there. Please try not to let it get to you, it shouldn't be something that matters - and it's certainly not something your friends need to be concerned about. If you want to have sex, you will, it's absolutely nothing to do with them.

Ikr! She's been saying it before but not in front of people from time to time but now she crossed the line. I think she's trying to make herself feel better because she failed her GCSEs and retook them in summer, then failed A levels, so she moved to BTEC this year and she's failing it again apparently from what i heard while I'm relatively good student, heading off to uni in September and traveling around Europe this summer (I worked my ass off for those money!)... But well, show must go on...

Original post by Khadijah489
Lol the last part made me lmfao, its true what your saying, its like they expect us to have sex, like its compulsary or something when it isnt. I'm a muslim and sex before marriage is forbidden so I couldn't have sex f I tried lol

Tbh I'm not for the idea of "no sex before marriage" thing either, but it's your life :smile: Just it makes me annoyed how mostly teens pressure other teens to have sex. Well, I'd rather be virgin at 15 than pregnant at 15! If I wish to I may remain one for another couple of years (I don't tho! :tongue: ) because it's MY choice, not friends', parents' or religion's but my own decision
Yeah people have different views I respect that haha :smile: theres times where I wshed it wasn't like that in my religion, I always have doubts about the whole "no sex before marriage" thingy, but I guess thats how it goes, I can't do anything about it lol Bravo to you!! I'm so glad you feel like that, good on ya, its good that you'd rather be a virgin than not be a teen mum who's sitting her GCSE's while having a pregnant belly:tongue: its your choice though, just do what you feel is right, i'm sure you can control your own actions, you don't need anyone to tell you what to do, its your life:smile: Just make the right decisions and you'll be fine xx
why are you emabrressed?

Your a virgin, so what?
You will be so much more respected as a virgin. It's like finding gold! Trust me!
Original post by silverbolt
why are you emabrressed?

I'm not embarrassed by fact that I'm a virgin, it's just my "friend" who said it out loud in college library in conversation with other college mates. It's nobody's business if I am or not, is it? And the way people looked at me made me feel embarrassed....

Original post by xgeorgiamorris
You will be so much more respected as a virgin. It's like finding gold! Trust me!

I never understood why it's like finding gold lol. Can you explain that phenomenon please? :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'm not embarrassed by fact that I'm a virgin, it's just my "friend" who said it out loud in college library in conversation with other college mates. It's nobody's business if I am or not, is it? And the way people looked at me made me feel embarrassed....

I never understood why it's like finding gold lol. Can you explain that phenomenon please? :smile:

I just feel as though, that virginity doesn't mean as much to people as it does now days. From my area, a lot of girls are so young and trying to lose it, and to me, it's a very big deal. It's like gold, because you are waiting for the right person, not just willing to get rid of it. It's just very rare now days to find women with self respect who are willing to hold on to something which is so precious :smile:
You seem embarrassed about it. Why is that so?
Don't conform to the ridiculous norm of "You're only cool once you've lost your virginity". It doesn't mean anything. The guy was an idiot for shouting that out, but just try and brush it off.
Original post by xgeorgiamorris
I just feel as though, that virginity doesn't mean as much to people as it does now days. From my area, a lot of girls are so young and trying to lose it, and to me, it's a very big deal. It's like gold, because you are waiting for the right person, not just willing to get rid of it. It's just very rare now days to find women with self respect who are willing to hold on to something which is so precious

Tbh I don't value it much I just don't see a point in losing it if you're not ready just to fit in and to "be cool". I'm 18 atm and I don't mind being a virgin but neither I mind losing it. I have an amazing boyfriend and we are acting upon taking it further, but I wouldn't mind having sex with somebody random if I was single and had a chance and will to. Also I don't get the idea of "self respect". I mean just because some girl is sexual, likes sex and has it with anyone she wants to while staying safe doesn't mean she doesn't have self respect. I'd say that girls who do it even if they don't want to and they force themselves to do something they don't want to - that is loss of self respect to me :smile:

Original post by Emily.97
You seem embarrassed about it. Why is that so?
Don't conform to the ridiculous norm of "You're only cool once you've lost your virginity". It doesn't mean anything. The guy was an idiot for shouting that out, but just try and brush it off.

I'm not embarrassed about being virgin, just the person shouting it out loud, the situation and people looking at me made me feel so. And it was a girl, not guy :tongue:
Original post by Khadijah489
Yeah people have different views I respect that haha :smile: theres times where I wshed it wasn't like that in my religion, I always have doubts about the whole "no sex before marriage" thingy, but I guess thats how it goes, I can't do anything about it lol Bravo to you!! I'm so glad you feel like that, good on ya, its good that you'd rather be a virgin than not be a teen mum who's sitting her GCSE's while having a pregnant belly:tongue: its your choice though, just do what you feel is right, i'm sure you can control your own actions, you don't need anyone to tell you what to do, its your life:smile: Just make the right decisions and you'll be fine xx

Why do you have doubts about no sex before marriage?

As someone looking into Islam, I think the rules and foundations laid out in your religion are quite sensible and logical in nature.
Original post by lllllllllll
Sorry, can't help myself but be a bit of a bad boy at times :smile:

mate, that story makes you sound like a loser not like a bad boy
Well, its pretty stupid tbh I just don't agree with why your not allowed to have sex before your married. I mean, why can't you have sex with a person that you care and love for?? Its just a doubt that I have, obviously I don't agree with it but Its my religion and I have to stick to it, its the only doubt I have in all the religion itself. and I'm really glad your looking into it, thats amazing:smile: your right, the rules are very sensible and quite easy to get your head around. Do you have any doubts about it?
Original post by Gott
Try telling that to the millions of frustrated ones on here like me :colonhash:

im sorry :frown:
Original post by AvaAdore
mate, that story makes you sound like a loser not like a bad boy

Fight me irl

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending