Anyone starting ICT (Degree) in BCU for 2015 Watch

Immy786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone starting ICT in BCU for 2015. I'm just curious to see whether there are anyone I may come across. How are people feeling and why they chose ICT as their chosen degree.

It would also be awesome to see people who are already studying this degree to let me know how it has been since I'm feeling worried for choosing this degree. Any participation is appreciated. Thank you.
ImaanG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Immy786)
Anyone starting ICT in BCU for 2015. I'm just curious to see whether there are anyone I may come across. How are people feeling and why they chose ICT as their chosen degree.

It would also be awesome to see people who are already studying this degree to let me know how it has been since I'm feeling worried for choosing this degree. Any participation is appreciated. Thank you.
Hey,

I choose ICT because it allows you to look at all the different aspects of ICT and once you like a certain topic or module you could easily progress to either work in that area or study it further. I personally has no knowledge of ICT before my degree so it was a good option for me and i've enjoyed studying it so far. Why did you choose it?
Birmingham City University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Immy786)

Hi Immy,

It's almost as if though our latest blog post was written for you If you're feeling worried about studying ICT then have a read of this- hope that helps with any concerns. Our #BCUstudents such as Imaan are here to help you with any questions or concerns but let us know if you'd like more information. We'd be happy to help!
Immy786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ImaanG)
Hey,

I choose ICT because it allows you to look at all the different aspects of ICT and once you like a certain topic or module you could easily progress to either work in that area or study it further. I personally has no knowledge of ICT before my degree so it was a good option for me and i've enjoyed studying it so far. Why did you choose it?
Hi, I chose this degree, because firstly, ICT is pretty much the only subject I am particularly good at in sixth form. Out of all the computer related degrees, this seems to fit. But I am worried that this may not provide opportunities afterwards. However, I do see potential which is a positive.

Since you are studying this degree, is there any equipment I need or require that would be useful for this degree. How many students are there studying in ICT. How often do you attend or should attend for this (Lectures etc), is it 5 X a week for the first year? Lastly, are the exams difficult etc. Thank you once again.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.12%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (68)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (390)
56.93%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.01%

Watched Threads