The Student Room Group

Product Design AQA GCSE

Hi,

If anybody who did Product Design for GCSE, could they please tell me anything they made, if there was anything they regret about their design, and what should I consider when choosing what to make/ any tips or recommendations???

Thanks for reading:smile::smile::smile:, any help would be greatly appreciated as PD is my weakest subject but I really want a good mark.
Reply 1
I made a mantel clock earlier this year. I recommend that you make detailed notes about each of your design ideas, e.g explain why you chose a certain material and the environmental implications of producing that material. I definitely think you should make a lot of effort on your designing because a large chunk of your marks come from that. I would also recommend a revision guide, CGP is a good one it is available on amazon. It gives you project advice and will help you with your exam which is worth 40%
i also recommend a website called technology student.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by L.T1999
I made a mantel clock earlier this year. I recommend that you make detailed notes about each of your design ideas, e.g explain why you chose a certain material and the environmental implications of producing that material. I definitely think you should make a lot of effort on your designing because a large chunk of your marks come from that. I would also recommend a revision guide, CGP is a good one it is available on amazon. It gives you project advice and will help you with your exam which is worth 40%
i also recommend a website called technology student.

Thank you so much for your advice, especially for recommending the website! :smile: :cool:
(edited 8 years ago)
I sat GCSE Product Design last year. The awesome legend Brian Russell Was my teacher (the guy who wrote the revision guide). He gave us lots of resources. See the link and help yourself! i may be able to get more specifcs for this year to help with the design question.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...MkU&authuser=0

Quick Reply

Latest