Conservative candidate says "I could never support The Jew" Watch

LordMarmalade
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Gulzabeen Afsar, a council candidate in Derby, made the comment on Facebook.
In a post, she said: "Just can't take Mr Ed Miliband seriously!" and later said: "Never ever will I drop that low and support the Al Yahud!". Al Yahud is Arabic for "the Jew".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2...gland-32482560

Interesting what sort of people are attracted to the Conservative Party these days.
SeaPony
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This will hardly get any coverage
1.) They are conservative
2.) They are asian

Believe me if this was UKIP we would be hearing about it for the next week or so.
LordMarmalade
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SeaPony)
2.) They are asian

Believe me if this was UKIP we would be hearing about it for the next week or so.
I agree. The Tory-supporting media will not cover it for reason 1, and the lefty media will not cover it for reason 2.

Though the BBC has done a reasonable job.

Interestingly, CCHQ when confronted about the comment said

A Conservative spokesman said: “Her comment was offensive and wrong. She has removed it and apologised.”
Well, if she removed it that's okay
Lefty Tears
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
she is pretty hot you know
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was reading the Daily Mail today and the only 2 stories on UKIP was
UKIP Deputy Calls Channel 4 Reporter Faisel from sky news (aka implying racism instead of a mistake)
Ian Brady Supports UKIP
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait a second Derby!? That asian Conservative MP was from Derby dealing with the EDL?! WHAT IS GOING ON IN DERBY? I am happy anyway more voters to UKIP I think UKIP might win Derby North.
yo radical one
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
2.) They are asian

I don't like UKIP, but to their credit, had it been a UKIP candidate, Farage would have booted them from the party in an instant.
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People really need to stop being racist and tolerate people regardless of their origin.

Smh
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Action has been taken and she's been suspended so there's no real problem here for the Conservative party.

Many Muslims dislike Jews, this is nothing new.
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who the **** cares if she removed it and apologized?

Should we take it as yesterday she said she would never support a Jew, however by the next day her opinion has completely changed and now isn't anti-Semitic? Please, **** off with that fake apology, she can't even own up to what she said. Vile.

It is unacceptable that you can say something like that and then get off with a slap on the wrist just because you 'apologized'. This seems to happen all the time now, she needs to be sacked.

I hope she gets all the abuse in the world thrown at her.
Lefty Tears
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was reading the Daily Mail today and the only 2 stories on UKIP was
UKIP Deputy Calls Channel 4 Reporter Faisel from sky news (aka implying racism instead of a mistake)
Ian Brady Supports UKIP
Is calling UKIP racist and nasty all the media has? If anything that tactic has backfired on them, UKIP have grown hugely the past 5 years and will probably get the third biggest share of the vote, they need to do something different
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It has. They still don't realise we all know you are bias. The ones that believe UKIP are racist because of media lies are clear to be seen but UKIP supporters won't be put off by clear smears and propaganda.
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Seriously the Daily Mirror and the Daily Mail are getting more hardcore in their support by the day...

Has anyone read the Daily Mirror where they have that page where they have 'different' opinions on about different issues
9/10 of them are things like 'these Tory cuts killed by grandmother' or 'these Tories are going to destroy us' and then the only one there that is against Ed miliband says 'I think Ed Miliband could of done more.'

Then they have a little side attack on UKIP either titled 'nasty nigel' 'beastly nigel' or 'nigel wants gay people to die'
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just to add the establishment media will never admit UKIP are taking a large lot of Labour voters as well instead they only talk about Tory voters believe me UKIP is going to get a lot of second places in Labour safe seats.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
note for any aspiring politician :

leave facebook
leave twitter
TimmonaPortella
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LordMarmalade)

Interesting what sort of people are attracted to the Conservative Party these days.
Oh, are we making general inferences from individual candidates now?

ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LordMarmalade)
I agree. The Tory-supporting media will not cover it for reason 1, and the lefty media will not cover it for reason 2.
Though the BBC has done a reasonable job.
The BBC covered it who are closet Marxists.
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Candidate for the hottest MP right there. Sad about the brain damage though.
William Pitt
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am not philo-Semitic nor anti-Semitic so the Jewish factor is of no importance, but I personally think the Miliband's family history is awesome. I cannot help but to assess and to scrutinise Ed through the paradigm established by Milibands well before him in the Polish Jewry. His mother was from the Polish bourgeoisie, but his father and grandfather were from the hardcore Bundist proletariat. Samuel Miliband actually fought for the Soviets on ideological grounds and Ralph had been in Hashomer Hatzair in the inter-war period. He visited the grave of Marx upon arriving in Britain.
whorace
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by William Pitt)
I am not philo-Semitic nor anti-Semitic so the Jewish factor is of no importance, but I personally think the Miliband's family history is awesome. I cannot help but to assess and to scrutinise Ed through the paradigm established by Milibands well before him in the Polish Jewry. His mother was from the Polish bourgeoisie, but his father and grandfather were from the hardcore Bundist proletariat. Samuel Miliband actually fought for the Soviets on ideological grounds and Ralph had been in Hashomer Hatzair in the inter-war period. He visited the grave of Marx upon arriving in Britain.
All that genetics culminated in the sex God Miliband.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (413)
18.6%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads