Maths revision help

Watch this thread
RainbowLight
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi there,I need som advice on how to revise maths Gcse for the linear course.
I did a past paper and I got a C and I need to get an A.Im not sure how to revise and make revision cards.
I really needs some help as I really struggle with maths but I want to do well in it. I haven't studied some topics like proofing in school yet and I only have less than a year left before my Gcse. I find wordy questions really hard as I get tricked easily by the ones given in the test paper
Please can someone help me.
Thank you
emu_neutrino
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
find all the past papers you can and do them. in the one you did and got a C on, list the mistakes you made or thins you didnt know how to do, and practice those questions. you can get revision guides and workbooks for this. I think therre are probably loads of resources online like on youtube. keep doing past papers and working on the things you get wrong. good luck!!
RainbowLight
Rep:
(Original post by emu_neutrino)
find all the past papers you can and do them. in the one you did and got a C on, list the mistakes you made or thins you didnt know how to do, and practice those questions. you can get revision guides and workbooks for this. I think therre are probably loads of resources online like on youtube. keep doing past papers and working on the things you get wrong. good luck!!
Thankyou very much.
If it's okay to ask what did you get in your maths gcse ?
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RainbowLight)
Hi there,I need som advice on how to revise maths Gcse for the linear course.
I did a past paper and I got a C and I need to get an A.Im not sure how to revise and make revision cards.
I really needs some help as I really struggle with maths but I want to do well in it. I haven't studied some topics like proofing in school yet and I only have less than a year left before my Gcse. I find wordy questions really hard as I get tricked easily by the ones given in the test paper
Please can someone help me.
Thank you
I would suggest you use Mathswatch and do past papers now up until your maths exam.
haaris28
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by German123)
I would suggest you use Mathswatch and do past papers now up until your maths exam.
i would suggest all the above
i remember when i did my gcse maths i used mathswatch cd. before you do past papers you need to all of the content.
i would recommend going on this
website: http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...her/module.php
i used this website a lot, i watched pretty much all the videos, and anything that i was stuck on i watched the videos for that particular part of the spec.
similar to mathswatch cd, but i really like this website and i think its the reason i did good in my gcse's.
do the examples in the video before watching the solution, and see where you made mistakes and learn from them.
i wish you the best of luck btw i am an A2 student
German123
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by haaris28)
i would suggest all the above
i remember when i did my gcse maths i used mathswatch cd. before you do past papers you need to all of the content.
i would recommend going on this
website: http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...her/module.php
i used this website a lot, i watched pretty much all the videos, and anything that i was stuck on i watched the videos for that particular part of the spec.
similar to mathswatch cd, but i really like this website and i think its the reason i did good in my gcse's.
do the examples in the video before watching the solution, and see where you made mistakes and learn from them.
i wish you the best of luck btw i am an A2 student

Thanks but I have already passed my maths GCSE and though I should comment because not many people use Mathswatch.
emu_neutrino
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RainbowLight)
Thankyou very much.
If it's okay to ask what did you get in your maths gcse ?
I got an A* and i did linear
RainbowLight
Rep:
Oh wow that's so amazing.
I really want to get an A* but It takes me a long time to understand topics in maths,I'm just not good at it and I can't seem to get more than a C/B even when I work hard.I try to revise but I still don't understand what I should do.what did you do that helped you get an A*?
Did you make revision cards,if so can you tell me how you did them.
Thanks i really appreciate all your help guys and I'm gonna try math watch.
RainbowLight
Rep:
Thank you,does maths watch follow the linear maths gcse course spec,I mean are those the only topics you need to know for the course?
Beanos
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You're on a C now and you've got just under a YEAR? You will be fine.

I got an A in my GCSE after barely any revision, then an A in my iGCSE maths after even less revision.

I've not even been revising that hard for my A2 maths in a month, chill out and keep doing papers, mark down what you can't do and get your teacher to go over it, then do questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (1)
100%
It went fairly well (0)
0%
It didn't go too well (0)
0%
TERRIBLE! (0)
0%

Watched Threads