The Student Room Group
what?????????

love Katy ***
I think this *unregistered* (grrr) is referring to some of the old style posts, that people keep dragging up from about 18 months ago, where people replied through email to post.
i think *unregestered* is silly.

love Katy ***
Reply 4
Me again!

What I'm talking about is that this forum automatically includes messages from another message board on Usenet and presents them as if they were posted here. Maybe you've seen a dicussion taking place and decided to join in and yet no-one has replied to your posts? That will be because the actual discussion is taking place elsewhere and we can't see your posts!

Its just a thing that I've found interesting in a forum that claims to be so popular!
Reply 5
For example this thread:

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?threadid=5590&highlight=messages

originates elsewhere and yet appears here!
that was posted over a year ago = 18th june 2002.

whats the point??

love Katy ***
if you look who began the post, you'll know exactly where it came from.

if you regestered, youd notice that the same names keep poping up, and then you can have a proper discussion.

love Katy ***
Reply 8
Its just an example of what I'm talking about. I'm just interested in why this is done!
Reply 9
I'm a regular elsewhere!
i have no idea what your talking about and now your just confising me.

if your from elsewhere, y are you here???

love Katy ***
Reply 11
Originally posted by Unregistered
Its just an example of what I'm talking about. I'm just interested in why this is done!

We did this a while back (stopped about a year and half ago?). We had separate forums that allowed people to connect to usenet, post messages and get them relayed back and forth. It allowed people who couldn't read usenet to connect it (it was before GoogleGroups but after DejaNews).

We stopped it because it wasn't really worth the hassle once GoogleGroups came out.

We might bring it back if people want it.

HTH :smile:
Reply 12
Thanks for clearing that up! I was just interested becuase I thought that moderating our posts from Usenet would have been a nightmare for you!
Reply 13
Originally posted by Unregistered
Thanks for clearing that up! I was just interested becuase I thought that moderating our posts from Usenet would have been a nightmare for you!

No problem :smile:

We did seem to get a great deal of spam from Usenet that didn't appear on the normal usenet pages. I guess it's because what goes into Google is moderated by the respective teams of moderators.

Anyhow, hope that you have fun on your newsgroup. Please feel free to post here as well should you wish to.

Latest

Trending

Trending