The Student Room Group

I think I'm done with life.

I'm so stressed about life right now. I have two weeks till my exams, I have so much **** going on in my life right now. My life is literally so stressful and hard right now. I can't even revise properly anymore, I've literally given up. I'm going to fail, There's so much content and I just can't do it and also I'm just so angry and depressed nowadays. Nothing seems to be going right

Scroll to see replies

:hugs:
do you need help?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I'm so stressed about life right now. I have two weeks till my exams, I have so much **** going on in my life right now. My life is literally so stressful and hard right now. I can't even revise properly anymore, I've literally given up. I'm going to fail, There's so much content and I just can't do it and also I'm just so angry and depressed nowadays. Nothing seems to be going right

Don't give up. PM me if you'd like to chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Same here. I have no offers from any uni and the worst thing is i got rejected for being classified as an international student. I have 3 business essays worth 120 marks to write by tomorrow because it was due in like two weeks ago. I didnt realise i had my biology mock today so when i reached school i had to return back home because i havent touched that topic yet. Less than two weeks before my resits and if i dont do well then i am ****ed. I havent started my A2 or AS revision and i am skipping classes. This whole time i was worried about my university and just didnt do anything at all and now i am stressing out because i havent revised anything at all. My motherland is suffering atm so right now i am just letting it go...and its ****ing cold!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Just keep going and exams will be over soon.
Reply 5

Hiya, I think it's important to know you're not alone and I'm sure everyone has felt like this at some point so don't worry. 1st off Exams are not worth ruining your health. You also have the option to retake and try again if things do go wrong. Give yourself something to work towards and try one topic a day honestly it can make a difference between a D and a C and you just don't know it yet! Keep strong ok! Don't give up, you still have time to turn it around.

Just try to be positive although it is hard

The important thing is trying your best because that is what is asked of you.

You need to meditate and clear your mind.
I understand! I really do, believe me :frown:
Reply 9

Don't give up please- whatever you think and however badly your exams go, you have so much more to live for. I empathize deeply with you, I ended up screwing up my mental health for exams and still didn't achieve what I felt I deserved so I do know how you feel. But try to keep things in perspective and tell yourself there is a light at the end of the tunnel - exam season will be over before you know it.
Reply 10
You can do it! You're questioning yourself right now, but I know you can make it through. :smile: It sounds like you have it really tough, but these are the moments in life that define us. When you look back on this moment, what will you remember? Here can be your success story. When it got overwhelming, you persevered and won out through sheer strength of character. You have the chance to write that story now. You've made it this far. Keep going and never give up on yourself!
First, stop panicking! Maybe try some meditation or breathing exercises to calm yourself before devising some sort of revision plan. Break it down into sections, topics, mind maps, whatever works best. Have breaks often, if that helps. Don't think yourself into failure because sometimes thinking it can actually do it! It's an important time, yes, but life won't stop if you do fail. There are always ways, alternatives, new doors etc... Exercise that anger out, if you have to. Take a whole day off without thinking about revision and use it to relax you or perk you up before getting back into it. Good luck! :smile: xx
(edited 8 years ago)

I know how you feel
Reply 13
I know it's not often said on this site (which makes sense) but exams really aren't everything. Even if you were to literally fail every single exam - and by fail I mean U's, not C's or D's - it wouldn't be the end of the road.
You can still go to university if that's your goal. You could do a foundation year, that way you'd go straight into uni basically without having to deal with the A level barrier.
Realistically speaking, why should a few papers destroy your life? Give yourself a break, you're just a kid. There are many great paths in life, not just whatever your school tells you is the right way. Take a gap year if you can't handle the stress right now. Talk to your parents or your GP if you need help.

Me too , super stressed cos of exams

You've still got about a week and half you can still do well, if you cant revise properly at home try doing them in college or whatever and then maybe read a summary at home or summat?
hope this helps, and I hope that you feel better. :smile:

if you need someone to talk to don't be afraid to pm me
Original post by smile43
Me too , super stressed cos of exams

You've still got about a week and half you can still do well, if you cant revise properly at home try doing them in college or whatever and then maybe read a summary at home or summat?
hope this helps, and I hope that you feel better. :smile:

if you need someone to talk to don't be afraid to pm me

Yeah thanks guys I think I'll be fine now, but its so beautiful at how so many people were there when I needed to talk and god bless you all! I managed to sleep earlier and run and try to keep my mind less stressed and it kind of worked, I no longer fear failure. I motivated myself to revise as If I was learning or reading a book and not treating it as revision
Just keep going. I can vouch that for most of us this is exactly how life is and how it mostly will be. Struggle,peaks and troughs. The more times you go through the mill,the better you are able to deal with it..

spend time with your friends and family, might help :smile: x
Try give it your best shot - it will all be over in 1.5 months, maybe less.
Hang on in there, that's the only option-hopefully then you'll yield rewards.

Quick Reply

Latest