The Student Room Group

A higher maintenance loan?

What does this mean? I will be studying in London from outside of London, however my accommodation is £7000 in total. I understand that I will be getting around £5000, but this says I can get a "higher maintenance loan" up to nearly £3000. What does this mean? Does this mean I can opt for this additional loan or will they decide whether or not I can/should get it?

I wish I understood student finance more than I do! I know I should have gotten my head around it months ago, I'm sorry :ahhhhh:
so basically you've applied for 5205 plus 2804. They can give you anything up to that amount. Adding the 2 together will give you a total maintenance loan.

dw i applied like last week too. Its a nightmare no idea what im going to do when i try for adjustment lmfao.

Btw what uni are you going to :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ThatGuyRik
so basically you've applied for 5205 plus 2804. They can give you anything up to that amount. Adding the 2 together will give you a total maintenance loan.

dw i applied like last week too. Its a nightmare no idea what im going to do when i try for adjustment lmfao.

Btw what uni are you going to :smile:

So it's my choice whether or not I can get that 2804?

I'm going to Twickenham to study Creative and Professional writing :biggrin: how about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Isn't there an option to tick a box that says 'apply for maximum amount of student loan'? I know there used to be :smile:
Original post by tnshattock
So it's my choice whether or not I can get that 2804?

as you've applied for it you're basically asking for it. But then they decide whether to give you the additional amount.

Im assuming you choose additional maintenance loan thats why it showed up.
Reply 5
Original post by KittyAnneR
Isn't there an option to tick a box that says 'apply for maximum amount of student loan'? I know there used to be :smile:

There might be after my parents send off their details and they get back to me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending