Nurishment
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I don't understand why I'm not doing well in C2. Everyone of whom I have spoke to has outright stated that C2 is easier than C1 when I feel as though C1 is like GCSE work. I don't get what I'm doing wrong here. I am getting A's and B's in C1 self tests and Then did a C2 paper, got a B and then did another and got a D? :confused: Someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. Resources would be greatly appreciated.
haaris28
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Nurishment)
I don't understand why I'm not doing well in C2. Everyone of whom I have spoke to has outright stated that C2 is easier than C1 when I feel as though C1 is like GCSE work. I don't get what I'm doing wrong here. I am getting A's and B's in C1 self tests and Then did a C2 paper, got a B and then did another and got a D? :confused: Someone please explain to me what I'm doing wrong. Resources would be greatly appreciated.
hi there buddy
i am an a2 student studying a2 edexcel maths.
i can tell you that c1 is in fact easier than c2 in the way that the concepts are much easier to grasp. c2 concepts are more harder when compared to c1, however with some practice you can easily grasp c2 concepts.
i would like to say that in my 2014 AS june exams, i got higher than in c2 than in c1, but only by a few marks. but i can say that c1 is easier, but i guess i did silly mistakes in c1 exam.

so when i was doing AS i firstly wanted to understand the concepts before i did any practice.
this website is amazing trust me, it has video solutions to the whole of the syllabus for every topic. go through every video or whichever you find necessary. try doing the examples in the video solution, and then see where you went wrong. you can only learn by seeing where you make mistakes and finding where you went wrong and improving on it.
My second advice would then be to do exam papers and practice.
and thirdly the teachers are the best tool you have, ask them anything and they will show how to do questions.
i wish you the best of luck, and you cn ask me anything else you want to ask. whether it is for AS or A2.
Nurishment
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot. I try to use exam solutions at the moment but I feel as though the topic is near endless. Do you have any tips or resources for those last questions on C2 papers (the 3d shape questions involving algebraic volumes, areas etc)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aquaxo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What board are you with?

I'm doing Edexcel and if I'm honest I've found it so difficult. I've found maths my hardest subject by far. That said, I've practiced practiced and practiced and I PROMISE that it works. I'll never be a mathematician, but I'm really starting to understand what we're doing and thinking for myself. Practise of past papers and scanning textbooks for bizzare questions is invaluable. :-)

What grade are you hoping to get?
Nurishment
Rep:
?
Im with Edexcel and I am hoping to get an A or B overall, preferably an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brother Q
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What i recommend you do to is do c3 and c4 and then you will find c2 so much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1686961
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just do every single C2 paper and keep practicing. The more practice you get, the more familiar you are, the better you will do.

I got 100 ums in c2 when i got a D in the mock. (mocks dont mean anything anyway)

People say last years paper was hard but id done so many papers i got familiar with everything.
haaris28
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks a lot. I try to use exam solutions at the moment but I feel as though the topic is near endless. Do you have any tips or resources for those last questions on C2 papers (the 3d shape questions involving algebraic volumes, areas etc)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Another great website is: http://www.hegartymaths.com/a-level/edexcel/core-2
The videos are very helpful, and the spec is less broken down. So u can cover more easily. Do the 3d questions that are in the video before watching the solution.
You have to first understand what the question is asking you. And c2 papers are quote repetitive, so same type of questions keep coming up (most of the time). So just practice, and ask your teachers for help.
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
C2 is tough, particularly in Year 12. It might be subjective, but for me C2 is a lot more harder than C1, and I can't really see from the topics why it would be the other way round. I would go as far to say that C3 feels easier than C2, apart from all the trig. If you do really well in C1 and your applied module and aim for an A/B in C2 (through practicing loads of questions) you'll be fine, and you can resit C2 in Year 13 if you want (but you probably don't need to) - you'll find it so much easier after you've done C3/C4.
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Brother Q)
What i recommend you do to is do c3 and c4 and then you will find c2 so much easier

Posted from TSR Mobile
should this comment be taken seriously?
haaris28
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
should this comment be taken seriously?
Nope, you obviously won't be doing c3 and c4 at AS level.
User1686961
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by haaris28)
i took c3 early lol. But yeah
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by haaris28)
ridirahman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, can someone help me with this question?
It's from Jan 14. Part b)

I got the right answers to to part b) as 6.384565.... radians and 11.615434....radians
but the mark scheme says I have to give the answers in hours and minutes. So how do I write my answers in hours?
Attached files
Nurishment
Rep:
?
Thanks, by the way guys, for the resources and helpful tips. I've been practicing C2 a lot and have consistently been getting A's and at minimum, B's with my highest being 71/75 marks :awesome: .

Posted from TSR Mobile
haaris28
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ridirahman)
Hey, can someone help me with this question?
It's from Jan 14. Part b)

I got the right answers to to part b) as 6.384565.... radians and 11.615434....radians
but the mark scheme says I have to give the answers in hours and minutes. So how do I write my answers in hours?
6.384565 and 11.615434 are not in radians, they are values of 't' number of hours
the question says t is number of hours after midnight.
so 6.384565... in hours and minutes is 6 hours and 23 minutes. so add that to the time 00:00 which is 06:23.
same with 11.615434 is 11 hours and 37 minutes. so that many hours after midnight, the time is then 11:37
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
its is best you use Solomon papers and elmwood papers and Madas Maths papers research it online. I find that maths c2 is not often taught probably. But practice is more and more
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
recommend this exams papers book http://www.passpublications.co.uk/in...neimg' />:
http://static.premiersite.co.uk/3273.../2104933_1.pdf

good book to build your thinking skills and algebraic manipulation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (42)
48.28%
No, they should still go ahead (19)
21.84%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (26)
29.89%

Watched Threads