can anyone help me with my short story for my FMP?

Watch
gchurchill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm currently writing a short story for my FMP at college. I need to write about a funeral (what you see, emotions etc.) however I've never been to a funeral so im having a hard time writing this chapter. could anyone please help me out?
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by gchurchill)
I'm currently writing a short story for my FMP at college. I need to write about a funeral (what you see, emotions etc.) however I've never been to a funeral so im having a hard time writing this chapter. could anyone please help me out?
I've been to four funerals, but they were all pretty different.

One was in Orthodox Russian
One was in Polish
One was in French
One was in English

The English one was tiny. The only mourners there were me and my mother.

What can I say? Everyone wore black, at every one I attended.

The OR one had some sort of choir singing a Russian funeral dirge in the church. The rest had no singing.

Generally speaking, the casket is in the church. I've not seen an open one so far. The service is conducted, and then afterwards the casket is driven to the cemetery. Then more prayers and so on are conducted around the grave. Then you take turns at throwing a handful of earth onto the coffin.

Afterwards there's some sort of "party" (not a party as such, but there's food, and everybody chats and so on).

You do get some different ones though - some where people wear bright colours, or have a parade, or whatever, but I've never been to one like that.

Really, I'm sure you'll have seen or read enough about funerals in the media or from films to be able to whip up a short story.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (27)
23.68%
Unhappy (34)
29.82%
Conflicted (53)
46.49%

Watched Threads