george57
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, i want to study Business Management at UoB. I unfortunately couldn't make it to the open day.
Would anyone recommend a place to stay for my first year?
Also, is there a specific part of the uni dedicated to Business?
Thanks
tomB-W
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by george57)
Hi, i want to study Business Management at UoB. I unfortunately couldn't make it to the open day.
Would anyone recommend a place to stay for my first year?
Also, is there a specific part of the uni dedicated to Business?
Thanks
Hi, I don't do business but I have been to the Business School, it is a really nice part of the Uni dedicated to Business and I think you will like it.
They have their own business advisers and initiatives etc.

In terms of accomodation; if you want to save money, then go for Maple Bank because, while I admit it is the 'worst' halls, it really honestly isn't that bad and every flat you live in no matter how 'nice' it is, will be clean as long as you clean it!

I live in Tennis Courts which to be fair is nicer, so if you're willing to pay the extra £1000 for slightly nicer kitchens then go for it.
Shackleton has to be catered and I really wouldn't advise going catered at Birmingham, it's very expensive and won't feed you for the whole week.
Mason - no. Too expensive.
Elgar and Aitken - no. Completely irrelevant.

I must also say that you should consider the halls that aren't on the Vale, so Oakley and Ashcroft. They are very nice and you get much better value for money and they are easily big enough to make great friends and you won't notice "missing out on the vale". And they're closer to Uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (364)
67.03%
No (179)
32.97%

Watched Threads