Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, just wondering any others doing this exam? Haven't found a thread on this yet :P

Just to let anyone else know doing this exam, my teacher has confirmed from a reliable source that there will be a really good question on treatments for schizophrenia this year !

How is your revision going for each unit? Which are you more confident on? Predictions?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Malicious)
    Hi, just wondering any others doing this exam? Haven't found a thread on this yet :P

Just to let anyone else know doing this exam, my teacher has confirmed from a reliable source that there will be a really good question on treatments for schizophrenia this year !

How is your revision going for each unit? Which are you more confident on? Predictions?
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the psychology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=211

yep I'm doing this exam too and also can't find a thread for it.
    revision is all good, it's just in terms of writing speed - are you able to finish the papers? especially for unit 4? there is zero time to think. I'm good with crim and child, you?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I know right ! First Unit 4 mock I did, I didn't finish... the 2nd time I got a solid A. My teacher who is THE best psychology teacher in the borough ( seriously she's too good ) is now giving us a class mock every week alternating between Unit 3 and 4. I'm getting strong A's in each paper but it's just really hard to maintain, especially for Unit 4! The issues and debates is dead crazy... too much. I'm gunna dedicate a lot of time to it in the coming weeks. You are right now, there is no time to think... and I always get told "Read the question a few times before you answer it".... EHM in psychology you get one read, and its more like a skim LOL. The pressure is on me to get that A, or if i'm lucky, an A* in one of the units =(.

I'm guessing Unit 4 is killing you too? xD I've never seen so much content for a Unit before...

ReputationRep:
    Heya! I'm resitting Unit 2 so that is my main priority right now. I'm still revising but it's going okay. I got an E on this paper last year so I'm hoping for a C or B this time!

I'm feeling a little bit more confident with Child and Criminal for Unit 3 since I've tried to study the content throughout the year to make revision a little lighter. I'm terrified for Unit 4 though.

For Criminal I think the self-fulfillfilling descriptiona prophecy may come up as it's never before and maybe the role of media and SLT?

ReputationRep:
    Hi !

I hope SFP ore SLT comes up ! Really easy to describe and evaluate them ! For unit 2 just make sure you know your practicals inside out ! Never know what they could ask !

It's my first time sitting unit 3 and 4 so I'm scared to death..but yeah have fun revising !

Lol I know right ! First Unit 4 mock I did, I didn't finish... the 2nd time I got a solid A. My teacher who is THE best psychology teacher in the borough ( seriously she's too good ) is now giving us a class mock every week alternating between Unit 3 and 4. I'm getting strong A's in each paper but it's just really hard to maintain, especially for Unit 4! The issues and debates is dead crazy... too much. I'm gunna dedicate a lot of time to it in the coming weeks. You are right now, there is no time to think... and I always get told "Read the question a few times before you answer it".... EHM in psychology you get one read, and its more like a skim LOL. The pressure is on me to get that A, or if i'm lucky, an A* in one of the units =(.

I'm guessing Unit 4 is killing you too? xD I've never seen so much content for a Unit before...

my psych teacher is pretty damn awesome too and she knows her stuff inside out but says that when she tries to write the unit 4 papers herself she has to write fast and only just finishes them. it's crazy! literally just 10 or 15 minutes more would make a world of a difference! edexcel should understand that! I'm doing pretty well, A*s mainly but I always under-perform in the real exams, i don't know why.

I reckon pracs will come up somewhere in the exams this year..

(Original post by jadejadeshade)
    Heya! I'm resitting Unit 2 so that is my main priority right now. I'm still revising but it's going okay. I got an E on this paper last year so I'm hoping for a C or B this time!

I'm feeling a little bit more confident with Child and Criminal for Unit 3 since I've tried to study the content throughout the year to make revision a little lighter. I'm terrified for Unit 4 though.

For Criminal I think the self-fulfillfilling descriptiona prophecy may come up as it's never before and maybe the role of media and SLT?
    good luck in your resit!!
    and yeah SLT and role of the media is such a common question though

ReputationRep:

Great, that is the one thing I hate haha. Especially the cognitive explanation of it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think we all are using different treatments and explanations of schizophrenia =/

I hope we get an easy 18 marker though like contributions... I can't stand those questions with so many parts to it. It confuses me and I go off topic. Edexcel don't screw me over pls !

Yeah I think we all are using different treatments and explanations of schizophrenia =/

I hope we get an easy 18 marker though like contributions... I can't stand those questions with so many parts to it. It confuses me and I go off topic. Edexcel don't screw me over pls !
    contributions was last year's 18 marker so i'm not so sure... :/ agreed, zero time for 18 markers though :/ urgh. yeah my schizo explanations are bio and social and treatments are drugs and CBT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eclaire97)
    contributions was last year's 18 marker so i'm not so sure... :/ agreed, zero time for 18 markers though :/ urgh. yeah my schizo explanations are bio and social and treatments are drugs and CBT.
    Hopefully contributions is another question then because I've revised quite abit for that haha. My explanations for schizo are bio and cog and the treatments are the same. I think most schools do social though because the mark scheme says social so not sure why my school is doing cognitive :/ it's in the book though so doubt it matters. I'm just rambling on now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know all the content but if the wording in the question puts me off, I'll not write the right thing =(

(Original post by r-t)
    Hopefully contributions is another question then because I've revised quite abit for that haha. My explanations for schizo are bio and cog and the treatments are the same. I think most schools do social though because the mark scheme says social so not sure why my school is doing cognitive :/ it's in the book though so doubt it matters. I'm just rambling on now haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My teacher predicts nature/nurture debate haha. I'm definitely going over that !

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predicts nature/nurture debate haha. I'm definitely going over that !
    That's the next bit I need to study, will probably get it done tomorrow. Have you finished all of issues and debates?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by r-t)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha, no worries. yeah. how do you go about deciding which 18 marker to do?

ReputationRep:
    haha, no worries. yeah. how do you go about deciding which 18 marker to do?
    Which ever one I find easiest and feel the most confident answering.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Issues and debates I have done little work on.. I only know the key issues and contributions. The psychology as a science and nature nurture I haven't got to do yet. I'm focusing on my resits for the next couple weeks but i'll read the debates once every night. It's how i revise haha. Have you ?

(Original post by r-t)
    Which ever one I find easiest and feel the most confident answering.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i get really indecisive so I guess I'll go with what you said, confidence in answering it... i don't want to waste time picking a question.

ReputationRep:
    i get really indecisive so I guess I'll go with what you said, confidence in answering it... i don't want to waste time picking a question.
    No you really don't, hopefully we'll have done enough revision to feel confident answering any of the 2 questions haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hope your revision is going good guys ! Keep it up !

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.