The Student Room Group

Edexcel psychology unit 3/4 crim/child and clinical/issuesdebates june 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bruya
Ahhh I see. Well the revision method you use should be one where you find that the points stick in your mind! As obviously everyone has different techniques to revise, and this does not work for everyone; I find that when using this method, I keep re-reading the points, and I can recite them automatically haha

It's good because if I get for example describe and evaluate token economy programmes as the 12 marker, I can just think of the 6+ descriptive points (which I will expand upon in the essay) and the 6 marks of evaluation, then I'm sorted :tongue:

I really hope the essay this year is "Describe and evaluate two methods of treating offenders (12)" that would be great!! 3 marks of description for each, then a strength and a weakness for each. Or even "two explanations of criminal/anti-social behaviour", I like that type of question, as long as it's not on research methods
Reply 481
Original post by rileystringer1
It's good because if I get for example describe and evaluate token economy programmes as the 12 marker, I can just think of the 6+ descriptive points (which I will expand upon in the essay) and the 6 marks of evaluation, then I'm sorted :tongue:

I really hope the essay this year is "Describe and evaluate two methods of treating offenders (12)" that would be great!! 3 marks of description for each, then a strength and a weakness for each. Or even "two explanations of criminal/anti-social behaviour", I like that type of question, as long as it's not on research methods

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes!!! Totally great questions, but I doubt they will let us off with such nice questions haha :s-smilie:
Original post by Bruya
Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes!!! Totally great questions, but I doubt they will let us off with such nice questions haha :s-smilie:

Well it's the last year for this specification so my teachers think they will give really hard questions (like the unit 2 essay this year), hopefully not haha
If anyone wants any revision aid for A2 psychology I've posted all of my revision notes here: (www.edexcelpsychologyrevision.tumblr.com).

I got an A* in my psychology A-Level so I just want the notes to get used because I spent about 7 weeks doing them lol!!!
Original post by jodiethechode
If anyone wants any revision aid for A2 psychology I've posted all of my revision notes here: (www.edexcelpsychologyrevision.tumblr.com).

I got an A* in my psychology A-Level so I just want the notes to get used because I spent about 7 weeks doing them lol!!!

I've already done Criminal and Clinical, but I've bookmarked it because I'll definitely use it for Child and Issues and Debates :h: Thanks!

I'm aiming for an A*, how did you revise can I ask?
(and when?)
Reply 485
Which study is better to write about in the unit 3 exam, Belsky and Rovine or Bowlby's study on 44 thieves?
Original post by Bruya
Which study is better to write about in the unit 3 exam, Belsky and Rovine or Bowlby's study on 44 thieves?

It depends. Most tend to do Bowlby's 44 juveniles thieves, which is the one I personally would recommend as the study fits in nicely with the concepts of deprivation, privation and attachment; so if you know that then it'll help you in those other areas. On the flip side, if you're struggling with daycare and Ainsworth's strange situation, then it might be better to learn/write about Belsky & Rovine in detail because then you can use it as evidence when evaluating. Although personally, even though there are a lot of numbers to remember, I found Bowlby's study much easier to remember because it fits in with the vast majority of child psychology and therefore, you'd be rehearsing a lot of the information anyway.

Hey. I was just wondering when Issues and Debates would be put up? If this is something that is still happening
How r u preparing.
Reply 489
hey guys :smile:
does any of you have notes on unit 4 (clinical, issue and debates)??

Hi, I am finding your notes really useful. Will you be uploading any notes from issues and debates? Our exam is on the 14th!
Original post by elisegait
Hi, I am finding your notes really useful. Will you be uploading any notes from issues and debates? Our exam is on the 14th!

Issues and debates is easy :smile:
Original post by chickenfoot
Hey. I was just wondering when Issues and Debates would be put up? If this is something that is still happening

Heya!
Sorry for being so late considering your exam is in less than a fortnight. I only wrote full notes for the first section of the Issues and Debates side of the exam (contributions to society) - these are now on the site for you to use (edexcelpsychologyrevision.tumblr.com). To be honest, these contributions also double up as answers for any questions that may come up in regards to key issues with a bit of manipulation - if anyone needs help with revising for the ethics questions/debates feel free to drop me an email and i'll see whether I can help you myself as I actually managed to get 18/18 in the final essay for my A2 exam.
Hope this helps some of you!
Original post by baebae
hey guys :smile:
does any of you have notes on unit 4 (clinical, issue and debates)??

edexcelpsychologyrevision.tumblr.com :-)
Reply 494
Does anyone have a model essay answer for ethnocentrism? pleaseee!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending