The Student Room Group

Burnt out from revision?

This year I went mental and have been revising solidly since March 5th. Now i still have over 5 weeks till my first A2 exam (S2 on June 5th), and I'll be on study leave from next Friday. I have literally ran out of things to do, and am now feeling anxious to take my exams before I become complacent. I don't want to burn out and forget things, but I think I've peaked too soon. Should I take a break from revision for a week or something? Genuinely have no focus for my revision any more, and that is worrying me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tuck91
This year I went mental and have been revising solidly since March 5th. Now i still have over 5 weeks till my first A2 exam (S2 on June 5th), and I'll be on study leave from next Friday. I have literally ran out of things to do, and am now feeling anxious to take my exams before I become complacent. I don't want to burn out and forget things, but I think I've peaked too soon. Should I take a break from revision for a week or something? Genuinely have no focus for my revision any more, and that is worrying me.

omg! me too i feel that way atm! procrastinating on TSR atm
Original post by tuck91

Isn't S1 on June 5th and S2 like 22nd of June?
Original post by tuck91
Hi there! I had the same issue last year, what I found was best was not to stop, but to slow down the rate of my revision. I reduced the number of hours I did every day and then picked back up as I left off when it got closer to exams.If there's anything that will give you a burst of motivation, like looking around a uni or going to an interesting talk, it's always helpful, and can help you to get that burst to get you through extra revision.This worked for me, at least. Hope that helps!
Reply 4
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Isn't S1 on June 5th and S2 like 22nd of June?

MEI S2 is my first exam, June 5th
Reply 5
Original post by thehistorybore
Hi there! I had the same issue last year, what I found was best was not to stop, but to slow down the rate of my revision. I reduced the number of hours I did every day and then picked back up as I left off when it got closer to exams.If there's anything that will give you a burst of motivation, like looking around a uni or going to an interesting talk, it's always helpful, and can help you to get that burst to get you through extra revision.This worked for me, at least. Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've kind of been reducing my revision hours. How long before exams do you think I should pick up to solid revision days again? Four weeks too much or too little?
Reply 6
Yes, take a week off. You will come back to it fresh and eliminate the possibility of burnout.
Original post by Gott
**** this ******* ****

You've got UKIP as your profile picture, your opinion is invalid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm AS and I completely agree. Even the simpleness of C1 is boring me since I know it inside out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gott
Typical dismissive, self righteous, establishment BS

Typical xenophobic, racist and fascist approach

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Typical xenophobic, racist and fascist approach

Posted from TSR Mobile

:troll:
????
Original post by AstroNandos
:troll:
????

Yeah ish, although I do think they're xenophobic and slightly racist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmiratesCaptain
Yeah ish, although I do think they're xenophobic and slightly racist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I'm afraid you're clueless
Original post by tuck91
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've kind of been reducing my revision hours. How long before exams do you think I should pick up to solid revision days again? Four weeks too much or too little?

Personally I started again three weeks before the exam and did a full refresher on everything I needed for the exams. But how far away from the exams you would want to do that depends more on how hard you have been working in the work reduction period.
Reply 14
Take a few days off, you'll be fine. Read something you've been putting off or do something you havent been able to do since you've been revising etc
Original post by AstroNandos
Then I'm afraid you're clueless

No way. You're entirely clueless if you think they aren't xenophobic
Original post by tuck91
MEI S2 is my first exam, June 5th

Ah my bad. I'm with Edexcel.
Original post by Kolasinac138

"Xenophobia is the unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange. "

Xenophobic is far too strong of a word, same with racist. Those terms just simply do not apply.

It's kind of ironic isn't it? How UKIP supporters are automatically labelled racist and are judged, for apparently judging other people.
same
Original post by Kolasinac138

You've either not read their manifesto or just have no idea what that word actually means.

Quick Reply

Latest