SanjayGill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Okay, so i've made all my notes for my History and Business AS-level. Now with 2/3 weeks to go before the exam, how can i remember all the stuff? What do i now do with the notes?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
Dark Skies
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1. Create mind maps including the terminology, the definitions associated with the terms and then make reference to numbered points in typed up notes to further explanation. That way, if it comes up in an examination you're ready to answer it no problem.

2. By revision flip cards and then write on them the key words and go through them. They're really good for remember mnemonics as you can flip through each one as you say it. Continue doing this and repeat. Alternatively, if you want to save cash then you can use Powerpoint, enter the words on each slide and then play the slideshow. You're effectively brain training yourself to remember. As each word goes through say it. Eventually you'll even get used to the pattern and you'll most likely be able to anticipate what is going to come next.

3. Good sleep and time management skills are vital. If you want to make the most of your time and get a lot of revision done then you should sleep well, set time to get revision done but also set time to enjoy yourself. You need to relax and unwind otherwise you'll stress yourself out and enter the exam with a clouded mind. In this situation it'll be hard to recall from memory what you've revised. You want to avoid that happening at all costs. The best thing you can do is draw up a revision timetable. You have one for school or college. Why not home?

4. Listen to podcasts or audio sources with the same information in. Watch videos on YouTube with the same information in. Why am I telling you this? Different things register with different people depending on learning styles. By accessing the information through visual, auditory and kinaesthetic methods you will provide yourself the best opportunity to retain the information and it is much more likely to sink in and be remembered.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads