The Student Room Group

AQA Level 2 Certificate Further Maths help?

So I was initially just going to sit my regular Maths GCSE (edexcel) but then my teacher belatedly enters me in this further maths exam, less than two months before the actual exam. I have not learned A THING about this paper and i honestly want to do really well. The edexcel exam is pretty straightforward, so i'm not sure how much of a step up the further maths paper is.. I'm not getting taught this at school and they're making me self study.. Can someone tell me how I can guarantee myself an A/B at least (bc i heard the highest is actually A^) and how i'm supposed to learn this within the next few weeks??
Original post by haes
So I was initially just going to sit my regular Maths GCSE (edexcel) but then my teacher belatedly enters me in this further maths exam, less than two months before the actual exam. I have not learned A THING about this paper and i honestly want to do really well. The edexcel exam is pretty straightforward, so i'm not sure how much of a step up the further maths paper is.. I'm not getting taught this at school and they're making me self study.. Can someone tell me how I can guarantee myself an A/B at least (bc i heard the highest is actually A^) and how i'm supposed to learn this within the next few weeks??

I hate to tell you this but you'll struggle to learn it all in the time you have whilst revising everything else. Also it doesn't really look great unless you get like at least an A. Can you not take the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by frances98
I hate to tell you this but you'll struggle to learn it all in the time you have whilst revising everything else. Also it doesn't really look great unless you get like at least an A. Can you not take the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've already been entered :frown:
Reply 3
I'm doing aqa level 2 fmaths to, its difficult to get your head around a few of the concepts but most of it is a step up from A/A* topics at GCSE, so a rule of thumb is that if youre getting A*/A's consistantly at GCSE you should be able to get an A...the grading works differently too..its awarded from A^ to C which after a C is a U grade.
I advise you print off past papers and aim for a B grade, try and watch YouTube videos going over the past papers...its difficult but doable
It forms the basis of core 1 a level maths. Think of it that way

Posted from TSR Mobile
I managed to learn the exam in that amount of time. It is a massive step up from GCSE, most of it is the basics of AS maths. You should focus on your other exams because the further maths exams tend to be later than the rest. As a tutor, most of the questions require GCSE knowledge and some thinking, there are a few things you need to learn but remember the grade boundaries are quite low. You just need to think about how many marks you get for the amount of work you need to put into answering the question. :3 you'll be fine if you work hard :3 but don't stress it's an extra thing that may come in use to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending