Madeleine McCann - Your Opinion. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Thomson2013
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
With Madeleine McCann's parents now back in the news over a suing involving an ex-police chief involving £427000 of fines (Including interest) the whole conspiracy and story behind the case is back in my mind.

So I've opened up this topic to hear your guys opinions of the matter, as a student of Law myself it would be interesting to read your opinions and add them into my blog.

Some possible questions:

- Should her parents be liable to failing to provide an omission of care?
- Does their story add up?
- Does the evidence found at the scene of the incident point directly to an abduction?
- Why do the public provide sympathy for the parents as it was partially their doing as they decided to leave her unattended?
- What do you make of the Police Chief's claims of her parents accidentally murdering their daughter and using the abduction as a cover up?

Dexa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is it possible she could still be alive somewhere?
Thomson2013
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Dexa)
Is it possible she could still be alive somewhere?
Very unlikely, if previous child abductions are anything to go by then sadly she would have very little chance of being alive.

And if she does, surely whomever abducted her can't consistently move her away from the media outlets that portray the story of her abduction if they have tried to sell her off.
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Not this again...
dyslexicvegie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Times like these I am thankful for the UK police and justice system .

I doubt we'll ever know exactly what happened to Madeleine or Meredith Kercher. Party due to the incompetence of the authorities involved.

But then I remember Steven Lawrence
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Thomson2013)
Very unlikely, if previous child abductions are anything to go by then sadly she would have very little chance of being alive.

And if she does, surely whomever abducted her can't consistently move her away from the media outlets that portray the story of her abduction if they have tried to sell her off.
Even if she is still alive (Natasha Kampusch style), she is locked up somewhere and it is extremely unlikely she would ever be found... actively searching for her at this point is almost pointless.

I do feel horrible for her parents though and people who are accusing them of murdering her are absolute pricks.
Dexa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

She was taken away very young, so she'd look quite different now having grown up. She may have forgotten what happened at the time, she was only 3 years old when she was kidnapped. I think it is possible that she is still out there but brainwashed into thinking she may have been adopted or something.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope Madeleine McCann is alive somewhere, though it is possible we will never find out. I only wish other missing children attracted the same amount of press and media coverage.
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
Even if she is still alive (Natasha Kampusch style), she is locked up somewhere and it is extremely unlikely she would ever be found... actively searching for her at this point is almost pointless.

I do feel horrible for her parents though and people who are accusing them of murdering her are absolute pricks.
It is a possible explanation though, not sure if you know something we don't or not but you cant rule it out
Its also bizarre that they never faced criticism for the fact that they neglected their children - left them alone in an apartment whilst they were boozing it up with their friends in a restaurant
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Two scenarios: died within 5 days of being kidnapped, or was trafficked to Eastern Europe where she now lives with another family, speaks a different language, and her parents are a distant memory. The first seems the most likely, but I heard someone where that there is a trend in Eastern Europe to kidnap blonde children and sell them to other people, but not always for the unthinkable, but kind of as a form of adoption.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The parents are ****ing retarded. They left their children unattended in a foreign country with the doors unlocked.

They should have given up looking years ago. But they obviously feel guilty for being so moronic.
Eva.Gregoria
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I hope she's alive but find it sad that a single girl has gotten so much coverage when thousands more are just given up on and forgotten.
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VannR)
Two scenarios: died within 5 days of being kidnapped, or was trafficked to Eastern Europe where she now lives with another family, speaks a different language, and her parents are a distant memory. The first seems the most likely, but I heard someone where that there is a trend in Eastern Europe to kidnap blonde children and sell them to other people, but not always for the unthinkable, but kind of as a form of adoption.
I've heard somewhere that unicorns are real.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Her Parents were negligent. I doubt most people would have been stupid enough to have left their 3 children alone.

However, they certainly didn't kill her.

The only people that believe they are murderers are people that haven't bothered to read about the case in any detail or the incompetent police.
VannR
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by driftawaay)
I've heard somewhere that unicorns are real.
How relevant. What I mean by 'I heard somewhere' is that I can't exactly remember because it was years ago, not, 'I'm making things up', and you know it.
driftawaay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VannR)
How relevant. What I mean by 'I heard somewhere' is that I can't exactly remember because it was years ago, not, 'I'm making things up', and you know it.
I'm not saying you are making things up, I am saying that whoever told you that is making things up. xo
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
With Madeleine McCann's parents now back in the news over a suing involving an ex-police chief involving £427000 of fines (Including interest) the whole conspiracy and story behind the case is back in my mind.

So I've opened up this topic to hear your guys opinions of the matter, as a student of Law myself it would be interesting to read your opinions and add them into my blog.

Some possible questions:

- Does their story add up?
- Does the evidence found at the scene of the incident point directly to an abduction?
- Why do the public provide sympathy for the parents as it was partially their doing as they decided to leave her unattended?
- What do you make of the Police Chief's claims of her parents accidentally murdering their daughter and using the abduction as a cover up?

The 'official' story is very suspicious. I personally think none of it adds up, and the retracted evidence where the sniffer dogs found the scent of death in their car just adds to my suspicions.
Skyy9432
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Yup. You don't leave a child that age alone without care. They should be locked up for negligence and deemed unsuitable parents.

However, I'm saying this as someone who followed the story at first then lost interest as it was just 2 bad parents defending their bad parenting with tears. Last I heard, they left them in a room along and went out for a meal. If this is true, then I stand by my statement.
DorianGrayism
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
The 'official' story is very suspicious. I personally think none of it adds up, and the retracted evidence where the sniffer dogs found the scent of death in their car just adds to my suspicions.
Lol. Yeh. They kept the body hidden for a 25 days and hired a car, then put the body in there and got rid of the body and no one noticed. That makes sense.
Kitty260
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Her parents didn't kill her, somebody must of taken her and now is probs dead not being found again..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (224)
39.23%
No - but I will (40)
7.01%
No - I don't want to (39)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (268)
46.94%

Watched Threads