Anti Americanism Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
I bet they don't invade Zimbabwe, mainly because what do they have that America needs?

Regards,
or rather what can they do to harm american or british national interests..nothing.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
1)What info do you have that the rest of us don't?
2)Iraq really wasn't "our conflict" was it?
3)Besides isn't everyone entitled to their own oppinions?
1). Quite a lot, but the reason I know it and you don't is because it's really not the sort of stuff that's sensible to release to the public during a war! Would you like intelligence pictures showing Iraqis burying WMDs in the desert shown on BBC? That wouldn't really help us keep our int to ourselves.

2). Depends what you mean. If you think we shouldn't have got involved, that's your opinion, but we have a lot of responsibilities to honour through NATO. If you remember the original resolution that sparked the first Gulf War, that was still in force, and we had to uphold that.

3). Yes of course, but it's frustrating when that opinion is simply the one voiced in left-leaning newspapers. It severely annoys intelligence staff to look at papers saying we're doing the wrong thing and asking for proof, when they have proof sitting on their desk. Naturally, if it's involved in operations, it's pretty heavily classified and does not belong on the front cover of a newspaper purely so John and Jim Leftie can be satsified that the right thing is being done.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
ISRAEL: The `forgotten' weapons of mass destruction

BY NEIL SAMMONDS
*snip*

Interesting reading, but I'm not up on Israeli int. Was your point that Israel shouldn't be allowed to develop weapons if Iraq isn't, despite Iraq's slightly chequered history with regard to the west?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
1). Quite a lot.
er, no.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's a little presumptious, isn't it?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
That's a little presumptious, isn't it?
yes.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So why post it?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
1). Quite a lot, but the reason I know it and you don't is because it's really not the sort of stuff that's sensible to release to the public during a war! Would you like intelligence pictures showing Iraqis burying WMDs in the desert shown on BBC? That wouldn't really help us keep our int to ourselves.

2). Depends what you mean. If you think we shouldn't have got involved, that's your opinion, but we have a lot of responsibilities to honour through NATO. If you remember the original resolution that sparked the first Gulf War, that was still in force, and we had to uphold that.

3). Yes of course, but it's frustrating when that opinion is simply the one voiced in left-leaning newspapers. It severely annoys intelligence staff to look at papers saying we're doing the wrong thing and asking for proof, when they have proof sitting on their desk. Naturally, if it's involved in operations, it's pretty heavily classified and does not belong on the front cover of a newspaper purely so John and Jim Leftie can be satsified that the right thing is being done.
I'm sorry, but I still don't get how you could possibly have any more info than the rest of us. You speak as though you have millitary clearence to access their intelligence.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
So why post it?
because i presume right.

*wasnt that obvious* ?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You speak as though you have millitary clearence to access their intelligence.
Yes, as you'd notice by the fact I've written pages on this forum advising people on their attempts to get into the Air Force.

Vienna, you don't presume right. This is a rather troublesome forum; why does nobody believe you at face value, but rather assume you must have some bizzare reason for making everything up?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
This is a rather troublesome forum; why does nobody believe you at face value, but rather assume you must have some bizzare reason for making everything up?
Because the majority of posters are between 15 and 19...a time in everyone's life when pretending to be someone you're not is quite attractive.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Because the majority of posters are between 15 and 19...a time in everyone's life when pretending to be someone you're not is quite attractive.
pencil queen, am i right in thinking that this 'person' is taking a cut out of his busy schedule at the intelligence services to explain to a forum of minors who couldnt care less that there is secret intelligence that he/she has seen but actually he/she cant tell us anyway...and expects us to believe him/her?

hmm...
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Yes, as you'd notice by the fact I've written pages on this forum advising people on their attempts to get into the Air Force.

Vienna, you don't presume right. This is a rather troublesome forum; why does nobody believe you at face value, but rather assume you must have some bizzare reason for making everything up?
Just out of curiosity here, what rank do you hold?
I have freinds who are officers, and they are kept in the dark.
My uncle is a Colonel and he doesn't have that much clearence.
I myself served in the reserves so I do know you are on a need to know basis.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
hehe we are on a american webserver... when american see this they will delete this thread
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hehe we are on a american webserver... when american see this they will delete this thread
Why? :confused:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
pencil queen, am i right in thinking that this 'person' is taking a cut out of his busy schedule at the intelligence services to explain to a forum of minors who couldnt care less that there is secret intelligence that he/she has seen but actually he/she cant tell us anyway...and expects us to believe him/her?

hmm...
I don't work for the intelligence services. I'm in the Air Force. I don't have anything resembling a busy schedule thanks to the weather. If people couldn't care less, that's another matter altogether.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
YOU ALL CHAT BULL****... i checked that ladies ip and she isnt in any milltray base!

what would be real interseting is American going in arms with North Koria some nuking action would be nice
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
I don't work for the intelligence services. I'm in the Air Force. I don't have anything resembling a busy schedule thanks to the weather. If people couldn't care less, that's another matter altogether.
so you wouldnt know anything more substantial than us.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
YOU ALL CHAT BULL****... i checked that ladies ip and she isnt in any milltray base!

what would be real interseting is American going in arms with North Koria some nuking action would be nice
Moron :rolleyes:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My uncle is a Colonel and he doesn't have that much clearence.
I myself served in the reserves so I do know you are on a need to know basis.
My rank's equivalent to an Army captain.

Rank however isn't commensurate with security clearance. An Army colonel doesn't have any interaction with air intelligence, for example, unless he needs it. However, aircrew are regularly kept informed of air int because it's what they work in. A lot of it is who you know; some interesting things comes out over a chat at dinner for example.

A senior officer in the Army would know a vast amount more than someone in my service concerning the land picture, however. What did you do in the reserves? If you were medical personnel, or in the TA, mid to high level int wouldn't come your way and air int would be no use to you. If you were a reserve pilot, you'd have the entire air picture rebriefed every day, as well as an overview of the general intelligence picture.

Edit; assuming your knowledge of military activity and intelligence comes from national news, then pretty much anyone of two-stripe officer rank in the services is likely to know an awful lot more than you. I've certainly seen enough to make me quite happy that those in the media searching for proof have got a few of their facts wrong.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%