This discussion is closed.
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
even more terrible, now i think of it....

What's terrible about it?
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
What's terrible about it?
a good woman.
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
a good woman.
Well, the people who are protesting to not agree, as is there right not to.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Well, the people who are protesting to not agree, as is there right not to.
obviously. but madeleine albright did good things and whether you agree or not you should have respect first and foremost.
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
obviously. but madeleine albright did good things and whether you agree or not you should have respect first and foremost.

Whether or not you have respect depends on whether you believe the things that she did were good or bad, so I don't think your statement makes a great deal of sense. Unless that is, you are implying that one ought to respect her for having done what one believes to be 'bad things'?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
Whether or not you have respect depends on whether you believe the things that she did were good or bad, so I don't think your statement makes a great deal of sense. Unless that is, you are implying that one ought to respect her for having done what one believes to be 'bad things'?
if those people consider her to be a bad person then they know very little about politics or current affairs, or they are just riding that big red anti-american bandwagon that is in town and is hip to be seen on.
Sweetpeaz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm not american myself, but I really have nothing against them at all! in fact I prefer the american accent to the british accent and I like a lot of aspects of the american culture!

today is Thanksgiving for americans and just wanted to say happy thanksgiving to all the americans out there!
CHAD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
I agree with most of your views, and I think a lot of others will do to. We are seen as America's friends, but the truth of the matter is that many of us can't stand to see George Bush and his Republican party wrecking their havoc on the world. What country will they invade next?

As my dad mentioned, one of the major reasons the allies went into Iraq was because Saddam treated his people badly and they were liberating them. Of course thats crap, as America does what pleases America. They wanted the oil and they had to make an excuse up.

I bet they don't invade Zimbabwe, mainly because what do they have that America needs?

Regards,
Sorry but I TOTALLY disagree with you! I think the americans and british were the only people who had any guts to do wot they new was best, save millions of Iraqi people! I am sick of people who believe they know what is best for Iraq and 'speaking out' for the people there when do they actually realise what the IRAQI people want? It is true that on the media they have shown the bad results of the invasion, but did they show the joy and relief which swept through the nation when saadam's unethical regime was finally destroyed???

If they do not invade zimbabwe, it will be because they have no dictators, terrorists or anything else which pose a serious threat to other civilisations across the world! We and the Americans are not stupid! We DO NOT invade a country for oil!

That is my opinion. I understand people will not agree, but don't just follow the crowd, make your own informed decision.
CHAD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
the americans supported george bushs plans to go to war because he brain washed them all. my sis bf is american and hes a compleet fool n thinks bush is the best thing since slice bread. its rediculas. they need a kik up the butt!

love Katy ***
everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and I think we need tosort out people like you! Just because someone has a different view to you, DOES NOT mean they are 'complete fools'!!!
NeoPhyte
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by KC Kee)
I dont know, i eman, hey bush is human first of all, and yeah, we've definately made soem be mistakes,(like bombing japan), but i think when we first made the decision to go after the whole terrorist think and sudam(sp?) i think we had our hearts in the right place(and in some places our total blind anger) but now i almost think its time to pull out, help clean up after ourselves and let Iraq get on with its own business.
see? not all Americans are brainwashed zombies, only the ridiculously weak minded ones.

and America doesnt dictate other countries, does it? :confused:
Well... i think we impose puppet governments.. which would.. basically.. say we own you.... sorta like getting a big ass stamp put on ur forehead saying "OWNED!"
HammaL
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
so simply but, he's a dumbass.
George W Bush Studied Law at Yale and then later got an MBA from Harvard Business School. he may have got in with the help of his family reputation (daddy) but I still think he's an intelligent man.
Many people compare him with Clinton and see a big diffrence and say GW Bush is Dumb.But then again Clinton was quiet unique in terms of self marketing and etc...
FFS he got H*** in the white house and managed to get away with it (nearly)
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if those people consider her to be a bad person then they know very little about politics or current affairs, or they are just riding that big red anti-american bandwagon that is in town and is hip to be seen on.

That comment is laughable. Anyone with a brain would see that. To suggest that the only way in which people could disagree with your point of view is out of ignorance is just silly, I wouldn't expect that sort of comment from anyone over the age of 15.
J.S.
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by HamaL)
George W Bush Studied Law at Yale and then later got an MBA from Harvard Business School. he may have got in with the help of his family reputation (daddy) but I still think he's an intelligent man.
Many people compare him with Clinton and see a big diffrence and say GW Bush is Dumb.But then again Clinton was quiet unique in terms of self marketing and etc...
FFS he got H*** in the white house and managed to get away with it (nearly)

LOL, now I can see how it's so easy to brain wash people. Substance is not required, all one needs is a few labels.
HammaL
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by J.S.)
LOL, now I can see how it's so easy to brain wash people. Substance is not required, all one needs is a few labels.
If it was early and i was bored i'd talk about it but to be honest i prefer to go to bed now :/
floppydisk67
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Toyosi)
I don't intend for this to be an anti america rant but what the hey, its inevitable. I don't really know how America can dictate which countries can't have nuclear weapons when America has by far the most and America is the only country to have ever used them against another. Am a bit tired of all the hypocrisy. When will America stop making different rules for itself. Am no expert but am pretty sure that holding prisoners without trial is a violation of human rights and am pretty sure thats whats going on in Cuba. Why is the UN ignoring this? Further more, cause I like the environment and have gone off on complete tangent from original point, does America, the greatest greenhouse emitter, ever plan on agreeing to reduce their emissions as many other countries did in the Kyoto summit and are they ever gonna stop using mines as many other countries have. How and why do they get away with it???? I really hate having such a negative view towards American policy ( not the people, they're very nice ) but to be honest everything they have done in the past few years really does my head in. Am not even gonna get into the genocide of the native indians and how they now live on crappy reservations which are always reducing in size, or even the Cuban missile crisis which is in my opinion the dodgiest bit of politics I can think of. Am I being totally unfair to America?
No I don't think you are being unfair, I totaly agree with everything you have said.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
For a start Toyosi, what are human rights, there is no such thing. There are just different, diffracted laws in different countries and international bodies such as the UN. Why should the US have human rights? (some 70 countries, 40% of the world's population have signed bilateral agreements with the US exempting American citizens from prosecution by the International Criminal Court, which was designed to counter war crimes- and how did the US do this, the Bush administration, in July, suspended millions of dollars in military aid to 35 of the ICCs supporters who refused to sign). 31 countires face losing $89m in military aid, starting in OCtober. Anyway, Guantanamo Bay is in legal limbo, as it is not US territory so US laws do not apply there and Cuba has no jurisdiction over it.

Sorry to correct you, rachelina*, but there is a big flaw in your "What about the Iraqis who didn't want liberty", if you listen to them and dont give them liberty, then your giving them liberty if only temporarily and who on earth doesnt want to be able to do what they want?

The premises on which they went to war with Iraq on were flimsy (WMD or they had inaccurate intelligence) but Saddam kept his people in abject terror and committed genocide. The Nazis were reviled by everyone, but he did the same thing (on an aside the Turks also practiced genocide, killing Kurds during WWI).
Made in the USA
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Toyosi)
I don't intend for this to be an anti america rant but what the hey, its inevitable. I don't really know how America can dictate which countries can't have nuclear weapons when America has by far the most and America is the only country to have ever used them against another. Am a bit tired of all the hypocrisy. When will America stop making different rules for itself. Am no expert but am pretty sure that holding prisoners without trial is a violation of human rights and am pretty sure thats whats going on in Cuba. Why is the UN ignoring this? Further more, cause I like the environment and have gone off on complete tangent from original point, does America, the greatest greenhouse emitter, ever plan on agreeing to reduce their emissions as many other countries did in the Kyoto summit and are they ever gonna stop using mines as many other countries have. How and why do they get away with it???? I really hate having such a negative view towards American policy ( not the people, they're very nice ) but to be honest everything they have done in the past few years really does my head in. Am not even gonna get into the genocide of the native indians and how they now live on crappy reservations which are always reducing in size, or even the Cuban missile crisis which is in my opinion the dodgiest bit of politics I can think of. Am I being totally unfair to America?
You are being unfair. There are a lot of reasons why, but I don't really have the time or patience to go into all of them after that long rant. I'll just address on of the comments you listed that seems to keep coming up all over this forum:

Europeans don't seem to know their own history very well. I'm not sure if it's because the schools don't do a very good job teaching their students about the history of their own country.

You don't have moral superiority over Americans because of America's history of "Ethnic cleansing" of Native Americans. These actions WERE abhorrent. I'm not going to deny that it happened as some people have, but keep in mind that this is in the history of ALL imperialist nations, not just the United States.

It is quite common for Europeans in these forums to rant on and on about the "genocide" against Native Americans, seemingly unaware of their own actions and atrocities committed against peoples around the world.

Besides, in the 1500s, when a lot of this happened, there was no american government, or even an America! Not as we know it today, anyway.
Investmentboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
I think it's a pity that more people are complaining about Bush than the really evil people like Saddam in the East. At least there's liberty in America...
Well said, America stands for liberty and promotes freedom and democracy however it would seem that people are all too eager to jump on the anti americanism band wagon. At the end of the day Sadam was one evil mo-fo and deserved to be brought to justice. Mass graves with in excess of 300,000 murdered Iraq citizens including women and children were found, chemical and bio weapens were tested on his own people, the iraqi people were tortured if not murdered for expressing beliefs and views contrary to Sadam's. What amuses me is that people start blowing their whistles and spouting off about bush and blair and the iraq war while they live in the humanitarian democracy of safe little england. I find it very annoying that all these war protesters dont give consideration to what it must actually be like to live in fear and oppression. My view is that the war was more than justified if for humanitarian reasons alone and lets not forget the protection we are afforded by our links the US. If the US was not a world superpower somebody else would be and as seen in nazi germany not every nation is as moraly well directed as the USA. OK rant over cheers
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by KC Kee)
I dont know, i eman, hey bush is human first of all, and yeah, we've definately made soem be mistakes,(like bombing japan), but i think when we first made the decision to go after the whole terrorist think and sudam(sp?) i think we had our hearts in the right place(and in some places our total blind anger) but now i almost think its time to pull out, help clean up after ourselves and let Iraq get on with its own business.
see? not all Americans are brainwashed zombies, only the ridiculously weak minded ones.

and America doesnt dictate other countries, does it? :confused:
Sudan. Yes I remember when I was in year 9 (some 6 years ago now, time flies) and you took air strikes against Sudan, but we told you to stop. Worrying too much about other people having nuclear weapsons when you have aplenty no doubt. Then there was this thing with Yemen about a year ago if I recall correctly.

How dare you attack a member of the British Commonwealth. Shall we bomb Guam? :rolleyes: lol
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (344)
34.78%
No (645)
65.22%

Watched Threads