The Student Room Group

Help with Uni

Hi I am wanting to apply to Birmingham Uni to study Early Childhood Studies - BA (Hons) but when I just read up on the course and the entry requirements said I needs BTEC National Diploma (12-units not including early years) what does the bit that said not including early years mean does this mean because I cant do it if I studied Early Years in college? Thanksx
Original post by xfayx
Hi I am wanting to apply to Birmingham Uni to study Early Childhood Studies - BA (Hons) but when I just read up on the course and the entry requirements said I needs BTEC National Diploma (12-units not including early years) what does the bit that said not including early years mean does this mean because I cant do it if I studied Early Years in college? Thanksx

Hi Fay,

I'm assuming you were looking at Birmingham City? I just searched it up to see the entry requirements. Unfortunately, it appears that they do not accept the Early Years course. You will need to gain another qualification which is listed on their requirements. Is it the CACHE diploma that you did? You could always type this into google: "Which universities accept ______" and type in the full name of your qualification.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest