The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Chances of Getting Preferred 1st+2nd Year Modules?

Firstly, I hope that question makes sense. I have an offer to study Economics MA in September, and completely forgot after applying that in the first and second year you effectively study the core modules of three courses.

What are the chances of getting your preferred courses (in addition to the one you enter the university with)? As an Economics student I thought that International Relations and Management may fit rather well, but IR seems like a very popular course so is there little chance of studying that?

Thanks.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Hi there! I'm also starting in September to study economics, and I hope to take IR and management/Arabic as well :smile: from what I've heard, you should have no problem with management. IR varies year on year, but if they are oversubscribed it comes down to a ballot. The past few years everyone who has been willing to stay on a waiting list after the ballot has eventually been slotted in, according to the lecturer I spoke to, but you would need to sign up for another module until a space comes up, if one does. They say there's a good chance that you can take IR, but have a look through the course catalogue and find a back up just in case, as there is the possibility of having to take something else, either for just a week or for the whole term. Hope this helps, and I will see you in class come September! :biggrin:
Reply 3
No chance of getting onto IR, there are waiting lists I think.
Reply 4
How about the chances of getting into the philosophy course?
Reply 5
Original post by Ella1996
How about the chances of getting into the philosophy course?

100%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending