The Student Room Group

Transferring from first year BA Hons to first year foundation ?

Hii, im sorry if this has been asked loads but I am finishing my first year on a BA Hons course and I'm not enjoying it at all so I am applying for a foundation degree and going in at first year. I've already applied for and been approved for student finance for 2015 at the uni that I'm already at so my question is; can i have my first and second year funded for at the uni I want to go to ? I'm a little confused because I'll be doing my first year again. Thank you for any help!:colone:
The general rule of finance is (and I hope I'm corrected if i get this wrong. Length of course +1 - the funding you already have.
So I received 2 years of funding and transferred to a 3 year course afterwards. 3+1 = 4 - 2 = 2. I am entitled to 2 years more of funding. Hope this helps :smile:

On another note (I won't pester you on this, just curious :smile: Also, please excuse my use of "proper", I in no way want to devalue foundation degrees, I just currently can't think of another word) Why are you transferring to a foundation from a proper course? I'm probably being naive but i thought foundations were to give you the base knowledge to go on and study a higher course?
Reply 2
Original post by Skyy9432
The general rule of finance is (and I hope I'm corrected if i get this wrong. Length of course +1 - the funding you already have.
So I received 2 years of funding and transferred to a 3 year course afterwards. 3+1 = 4 - 2 = 2. I am entitled to 2 years more of funding. Hope this helps :smile:

On another note (I won't pester you on this, just curious :smile: Also, please excuse my use of "proper", I in no way want to devalue foundation degrees, I just currently can't think of another word) Why are you transferring to a foundation from a proper course? I'm probably being naive but i thought foundations were to give you the base knowledge to go on and study a higher course?

Hey , thank you for your reply ! I'm doing a foundation because I want to do make up artistry and you go in at foundation level with the option to top up after 2 years to a full degree so that would be 3 years plus the one that's already been funded so it should be fine ! I think it's just the type of course I want to do is foundation but thank you !

Quick Reply