The Student Room Group

help with applying for grant

hi, i am seeking advice re applying for university grant. i am 18 years old and my mother emigrated to live outside the EU 2 years ago. I have no contact with my father. I made the choice to stay with my grandparents to finish my a levels and then go on to university. My grandparents have been getting child benefit for me and fully supporting me. i also have a part time job at weekends which i intend to keep. I have chosen a university close to my grandparents so that i can carry on staying with them.They are both retired pensioners and so on low income. I submitted my finance forms and have been granted tuition fees but have been asked for further clarification as to why my parents can not support me......The income i put down on my finance forms are that of my grandparents who I live with and who support me.....Where do i go from here? thanks
Hello jotocro,

If you still have contact with your Mother, you must have her complete the PFF2 http://bit.ly/1CC6tVw Once she notifies us of her income & her marital status then we can assess you for the Grant.

If you have no contact with your Mother or Father, then you will have to prove this to us so that we can assess you as an independent student.

You will have to write us a letter detailing the reasons you have no contact with both your Mother & Father, this will then need to be backed up with evidence. The evidence can be a social workers report, documents that you have been the subject of a care order or a letter from another professional person with good standing in the community full detailing the circumstances.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending