The Student Room Group

Queen mary vs westminster?

Hello!! My name is Isablla I'm from South America. I have been accepted to Westminster and QueenMary but I am not sure which one to go!! I am studying International Relations. Besides from studying I also like to go out to clubs or bars, I would love to meet lots of people and live in a safe area. What would you recommend? Plus, should I live in a private accommodation or in the campus? Thanks!
Do lots of planning and cost-counting.
Have you checked which is better suited to your course? Find which is better. However, Queen mary is a Russell group now so its highly respected. (I would pick QM)

About clubbing, not my field but transport links in london (tube) are generally good.
Hi Isabella,

I'm really pleased to see you're considering Westminster for International Relations! You've obviously done some research already but I wanted to see if there's anything in particular I can help with.

For International Relations, you have the opportunity to study a whole wide range of subject, everything from International Security to Globalisation to Diplomacy, to the politics of countries such as India and China, and many more, too many to mention here!

For accommodation, wherever you go to university, staying in student halls is always a great option, as it gives you a chance to make new friends who are in the same position as you, and you will have people immediately available to go clubbing with. You can find lots of info about our student accommodation 9including a great video about what it is like to live in halls), and general tips on living in the UK, here and here.

Regretfully, my clubbing days are long gone now that I am at the old age of 29 haha, but you are spoilt for choice for clubs, bars and restaurants wherever you go in London! And even though people do moan about London transport, I find travelling around the whole city on the tube and the overground trains very easy.

Choosing your uni is such an important decision and can be a bit overwhelming - I totally sympathise! I would recommend trying to get as much information as you can and doing exactly what you're doing, asking other students.

Do let me know you do have any particular questions and if I don't know the answer I'm sure I can find out from the International Relations school for you.

Good luck with your research!

Leon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending