Harry Potter..is it a Hollywood movie(i mean the series)? or a British movie? Watch

Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
as i know, harry potter is a British movie series,but except British people ,rest of the world(even Americans) identify it as a Hollywood movie..is it correct? why British movie industry can not have their own identity?:confused::mad:
User1443542
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Harry Potter is a British franchise, including the movies, which where made by a British company, mostly set in Britain with British/European actors, for the majority.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by devangdave)
Harry Potter is a British franchise, including the movies, which where made by a British company, mostly set in Britain with British/European actors, for the majority.
but warner brother is an american company as i know.., isn't that fact make that a Hollywood movie?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 0723206004)
but warner brother is an american company as i know.., isn't that fact make that a Hollywood movie?
Warner Brothers acted as the owner and distributor, but they weren't involved with the actual production of the film but handled things like marketing, setting a release date, etc. The films were made by a British production company (although 1-3 were co-made with an american one) and filmed at a British studio. Unless I'm mistaken a "Hollywood" film typically refers to a film made by an American production company, in which case the Harry Potter series does not qualify as for the most part. It all depends on how you're defining it really.
ukip72
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Films 1-3 are British-American co-productions (Heyday Films from the UK and 1492 Pictures from the US). Films 4-8 are solely British productions, however all 8 were financed entirely by American studio Warner Brothers.
You should also take into account that the films were based on books by a British author, filmed entirely in the UK, films 4-8 were directed by Brits, they star a British and Irish cast and almost all the visual effects were completed by British companies.
SceneKid17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The fact JK Rowling is British is all that matters :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.85%
No (109)
73.15%

Watched Threads