The Student Room Group

Honest Feedback Wanted :)

Hi all,

I've not long turned 24 and I've decided to go back into education. I finished school in 2007 with 11 GCSE's. 1 A / 5 B's & 5 C's.

I never completed college though, hence why I'm going back in September to further my education after years of working on minimum wage.

I hope to study Veterinary Science next September (2016)

I've decided to re-site my maths GCSE as I received a C originally and a university that I spoke to said that if I can improve this grade to a B or above, it will look good in my favour.

The maths GCSE is with the AQA syllabus.

There are 11 tutor marked assignments that I have to hand in before my exams.

I've worked out that if I do 1 tutor marked assignment a week, whilst spending 6 hours a day revision. I should be able to complete all of the assignments 1 or 2 weeks before September when I officially begin my access course in Biological Science.

I figured that if I get them done early and out of the way. I can then spend 4 hours a day revising the access course, and the other 2 hours refining my maths skills.

Also for any further maths revision, I've found a site called Hegarty maths which should help refresh anything I might have forgotten.

My question is as follows.

Is this a good strategy for managing two condensed courses, Maths (GCSE) and Biological Science (Access) in order to get the best results.

All responses are welcome particularly from anyone who has done distance learning in the past :smile:

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending