ScallyWag96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am from South Africa and will be heading to QMUL later in the year to study LLB.

(In general) Is university accommodation better than private accommodation or vice versa ?
Thanks
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Uni accomodation is better than private accomodation in the sense that you will be with other people from queen Mary where as with private accommodation you could be with anyone. Uni accomodation is generally more safer as the maintenance aspects, e.g. Broken light bulb is taken care for you where as with private accomodation you have to sort this out yourself. Uni accomodation usually has CCTV where as private accomodation doesn't. However with private accomodation you have more control in terms of decorating, smoking, bringing alcohol of etc. it can also be cheaper if you rent out with a few people to spread the rent costs. Also if you don't get along with people at uni then at least you'll have the comfort knowing that you don't need to go to the same halls afterwards aswell and private accomodation can be a nice way to get away from it all at the end of the day. Hope this helps. (I am also planning to study business management there this September but I'll be living at home).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ScallyWag96)
I am from South Africa and will be heading to QMUL later in the year to study LLB.

(In general) Is university accommodation better than private accommodation or vice versa ?
Thanks
As r-t has stated, student accomodation is better, its cheaper, student only and students from 1st year mainly. But you generally only get it in 1st year only, QM doesn't have enough rooms.
ScallyWag96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thank you very much for your responses, I think I'll go with uni accommodation, should I get a place of course! I look forward to starting up
r-t
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ScallyWag96)
Thank you very much for your responses, I think I'll go with uni accommodation, should I get a place of course! I look forward to starting up
Yeh you'll obviously get it considering how far you are coming from so that's good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
  • Queen Mary University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Jun '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (184)
61.13%
Yes- I don't like it (12)