The Student Room Group

American Student Attending Royal Holloway

Hello! My name is Jennifer! I'm excited to announce that I will be attending Royal Holloway this fall!

Okay, so the deal is, many of my friends think I'm crazy for traveling about 4,000 miles away from home to go to a university in London. I guess they're right! I've actually never even been to the UK before-- the closest I've gotten to it was when I visited Norway, haha!
I honestly just fell in love with the idea of studying overseas, away from home, and I feel as though it would be the best fit for me and my prospective major (international relations). Anyways, I guess I've been rambling--

I hope to meet some people here and maybe get some connections before I come to Royal Holloway in September! I honestly can't wait at all, it's going to be a great experience.

If you want to add me on instagram my username is jenn__ifer!
Reply 1
Omg I got accepted too! Everone thinks Im crazy for going overseas as well! Question do you know how you're going to pay for everything? I am quite scared it will cost me a lot. Also what are youre conditions for getting in? Are you in IB?
I think I'm going to pay for it with the help of my parents, a FAFSA grant, and hopefully my parent's GI Bill works over there too-- I'm sure it will. And yeah it costs a lot but not nearly as much as some of the colleges I almost went to here in the US! Outrageous! And I was unconditionally accepted to RHUL.
Hi Jennifer,
I, too, got accepted at Royal Holloway. I lived in London til I was abut 14 but have been away for 12 years. I am super excited to be returning back to London and starting all over again. I am taking international relations as a major. What state are you coming from? I am coming from California.:smile:
I'm coming from Virginia!
Reply 5
Hello and congratulations! I am currently a student of Royal Holloway. You will absolutely love it at RHUL :smile: by the way have you found accomodation?

Quick Reply

Latest