History GCSE topics? Watch

paahli_k
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
I'm starting my history exams really soon and I was going through a Cold War past paper and there were questions on the 'Second Balkan War' and the 'Second Moroccan Crisis' - I HAVE NEVER BEEN TAUGHT ABOUT THESE. I don't know if I maybe made a mistake and looked at the wrong past paper (which I don't think I did - I clicked on Edexcel Past Papers --> GCSE --> History A --> January 2011), or if my teacher just hasn't taught us everything properly!
So my question is: what do I need to know if I'm taking Edexcel History option A??
Thanks so much!

P.S: I also don't know how I'm meant to structure the different questions? Any help there would be appreciated!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by paahli_k)
Hi,
I'm starting my history exams really soon and I was going through a Cold War past paper and there were questions on the 'Second Balkan War' and the 'Second Moroccan Crisis' - I HAVE NEVER BEEN TAUGHT ABOUT THESE. I don't know if I maybe made a mistake and looked at the wrong past paper (which I don't think I did - I clicked on Edexcel Past Papers --> GCSE --> History A --> January 2011), or if my teacher just hasn't taught us everything properly!
So my question is: what do I need to know if I'm taking Edexcel History option A??
Thanks so much!

P.S: I also don't know how I'm meant to structure the different questions? Any help there would be appreciated!
You were looking at the wrong paper, most definitely. Second Moroccan Crisis was in 1911, and the Second Balkan war was in 1913, so you may have been looking at Origins of WWI, which I believe is a GCSE unit for some boards. Definitely nothing to do with the Cold War!
paahli_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by thehistorybore)
You were looking at the wrong paper, most definitely. Second Moroccan Crisis was in 1911, and the Second Balkan war was in 1913, so you may have been looking at Origins of WWI, which I believe is a GCSE unit for some boards. Definitely nothing to do with the Cold War!
Thanks so much for responding - yep, it turns out I was looking at a different section (the paper wasn't exclusively about the cold war) My bad!
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks so much for responding - yep, it turns out I was looking at a different section (the paper wasn't exclusively about the cold war) My bad!
You're most welcome, glad you sorted it out!

All the best in your exams, you picked the right subject
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi,
Thanks so much!

You may be looking at the wrong units look at the back of the paper and cold war stuff should be there.
paahli_k
Rep:
?
(Original post by German123)
You may be looking at the wrong units look at the back of the paper and cold war stuff should be there.
Thank you!
German123
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.5%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.37%