The Student Room Group

Is it bad to be applying to uni and still a virgin???

I'm 17, female and straight.
I have been told that I come across as quite innocent and all my friends are in relationships or have lost their virginity. I know I'm not that innocent at heart but don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly the type of girl to hand myself out to any guy. I have been in relationships in the past but haven't done much in that department if I'm honest.
What I'd like to know is: is it okay to be a virgin when you go to uni and are you still appealing to guys?
No virgins allowed at uni, ever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I have been told that I come across as quite innocent and all my friends are in relationships or have lost their virginity. I know I'm not that innocent at heart but don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly the type of girl to hand myself out to any guy. I have been in relationships in the past but haven't done much in that department if I'm honest.
What I'd like to know is: is it okay to be a virgin when you go to uni and are you still appealing to guys?

This is ridiculous. You was a virgin in secondary school, was it a big deal? You was a virgin in college/6th form, was that a big deal? Why is it considered so different in uni?? You're there to learn! Nobody is going to care that you're a virgin, it's hardly the topic of conversation with strangers
Is it bad to leave uni a virgin? :motz:

is it okay to be a virgin when you go to uni and are you still appealing to guys?

Yes and Yes. You will be more appealing to misogynists and/or wierdoes who value your virginity above all else but it is best to ignore those. Might end up as some kind of druid sacrifice :afraid:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
No no no no! how would that be bad?...please start thinking...

Posted from TSR Mobile
of course not! I know load of people that were virgins when they started uni! don't worry about it!more people than you think will be in exactly the same boat as you!
Reply 6
It's a sad reflection of our society that 17 is considered late to lose your virginity.
Obviously it will be ok and if you are a virgin on arrival at university, you will be far from alone in that (although plenty of people won't be out about it).
Reply 8
It's perfectly ok and I don't think there should be any connection between going to university and virginity. These are all false conceptions. You've a wonderful personality and I'm sure you'll be very attractive for guys. Don't worry about it :smile:
Original post by Gail K
It's perfectly ok and I don't think there should be any connection between going to university and virginity. These are all false conceptions. You've a wonderful personality and I'm sure you'll be very attractive for guys. Don't worry about it :smile:

Honestly you have NOTHING to worry about!! literally probably about half the people who start university are still virgins... your only 17 and have plenty of time for all that! it's not a race haha :smile: plus you'll have ample opportunity to do it as a freshaaaa
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin but it isn't anything to shout about because you'll attract weirdos. I actually (rather controversially) think it's better to get it out the way with someone you know, trust and like but don't love or want a serious relationship with because otherwise you're giving too much to one person and setting yourself up for a fall, especially within the uni environment where relationships have quite low life expectancies. That way when you find someone you think you could love, you don't have the added pressure and worries of not knowing what to expect. Some people hold out until they love someone but it's silly because sex with someone you have a deep emotional connection with will always be special providing you're compatible. Compatibility is a big issue because you can love someone who you aren't compatible with in the bedroom and end up being sucked into a miserable relationship.
Original post by littleone271
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin but it isn't anything to shout about because you'll attract weirdos. I actually (rather controversially) think it's better to get it out the way with someone you know, trust and like but don't love or want a serious relationship with because otherwise you're giving too much to one person and setting yourself up for a fall, especially within the uni environment where relationships have quite low life expectancies. That way when you find someone you think you could love, you don't have the added pressure and worries of not knowing what to expect. Some people hold out until they love someone but it's silly because sex with someone you have a deep emotional connection with will always be special providing you're compatible. Compatibility is a big issue because you can love someone who you aren't compatible with in the bedroom and end up being sucked into a miserable relationship.

could not agree more! especially for people like myself who feel extremely self conscious with many men spending too much time trying to impress a girl rather than be a friend
Boy 22 and finished 4 years of uni, still a virgin

It didn't help that all the way through uni my class had 58 boys and 2-3 girls
It really doesnt matter when you lose or even if you ever do. It's a personal choice, and when you are comfortable is when it will happen. So just relax and enjoy life! In uni people are much more mature about things like that than in high school and college. :smile:
Its not bad and most of all its nobody's business....when you settle down with a boy your trust he'll feel more valued because 'he is the chosen one' lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
virgin girls are more attractive in college :smile:
Not everyone is a virgin at young age , everyone is different.
Also most religions don't allow sex before marriage which i belive is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll fit right in (jk lol)
There are more people who start uni as a virgin than there are who aren't
Reply 19
Yes. You're not allowed to fill in your UCAS form if you can't prove you'll have had a penis in your vagina at least one week before commencing your course.

God, of course not. Have sex when you feel ready, when you want to, with someone who you want to have it with who wants it with you. People are virgins well into their 20s, it's not weird.

Quick Reply

Latest