The Student Room Group

Medicine course for France student

Hi Guys
I am French and I wish to make medicine studies in the UK. Can you inform me about that ?
I have already make one year in France but unfortunately I failed !! Here it is very Hard !!
There is only 300 seat for 2300 student after a big examination.
But My dream, my goal is to be a doctor so I think that I can pursue that in England !

Could you inform me about the UKCAT test ? Is that difficult ?
At french Baccalaureat, I don't have AAA for A level. The equivalent in England is ABB with Biology section. Is that a problem to entry in a Medical School !! Because I saw in universities website that the entry requirement is triple AAA.

Thanks a lot for your guidance and sorry if I made some language mistake :colondollar:

S'il y a des français en médecine vos conseils sont aussi les bienvenus =D

Merci à tous
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Virginmobile
Hi Guys
I am French and I wish to make medicine studies in the UK. Can you inform me about that ?
I have already make one year in France but unfortunately I failed !! Here it is very Hard !!
There is only 300 seat for 2300 student after a big examination.
But My dream, my goal is to be a doctor so I think that I can pursue that in England !

Could you inform me about the UKCAT test ? Is that difficult ?
At french Baccalaureat, I don't have AAA for A level. The equivalent in England is ABB with Biology section. Is that a problem to entry in a Medical School !! Because I saw in universities website that the entry requirement is triple AAA.

Thanks a lot for your guidance and sorry if I made some language mistake :colondollar:

S'il y a des français en médecine vos conseils sont aussi les bienvenus =D

Merci à tous

If you've already been at medical school once you might find it impossible to be accepted to one in the UK. Some of them seem to actually have hard and fast rules about that.

Edit: And only having the equivalent of ABB is also a very large problem, yes.
Ok thanks for you information Ronove.
But is that ok if I have a lot of working experience !! Can I make the difference with other candidates ? And I find this information in Manchester University : We require grades AAA (after successful interview). If you perform exceptionally well at interview but fail to meet these grades, you may also be accepted.
Reply 3
But is that ok if I have a lot of working experience !! Can I make the difference with other candidates ? And I find this information in Manchester University : We require grades AAA (after successful interview). If you perform exceptionally well at interview but fail to meet these grades, you may also be accepted.

If the med school does not accept people who have previously attended a med school, then no, you cannot compensate for that, your application will not be considered.

As for the grades, it's incredibly unlikely. I would expect them to be talking about there being a small chance with cases where they make an AAA offer but the applicant happens to slip a grade later on and therefore not meet it. I simply don't think you would get an offer if you applied with already achieved grades below the requirement.

I'm sorry but you wouldn't even get an interview.

Manchester is saying if you firmly accept their offer (post interview) and you did really well at interview they may be more likely to let you in if you achieve less than AAA. They won't look at your application if you have already achieved grades lower than AAA.
(edited 8 years ago)
Perhaps try Postgraduate Medicine?
Original post by tania<3
Perhaps try Postgraduate Medicine?

I can't because I don't have any course to undergraduate

Latest

Trending

Trending