The Student Room Group

Need advice on Coursework extension

I'm doing a computer science course but I'm terrible at programming as it takes an extremely long time for me to figure out to get my code to work. Despite starting on them nearly a month ago and seeking help, I have 2 programming coursework's due in a week and have made little progress. Most of my nights now are being spent in the labs trying to make some progress but all it's doing is just making me tired during the day.

I want to get an extension of an extra week to try to see if I can make a breakthrough in that time but I'm concerned with explaining my reasons for it and my evidence as I don't believe that being slow to figure things out and being very exhausted will be accepted as an excuse as I don't know how to back it up.

I've also come under stress due do this and because it's been brought to my attention that I do show signs of having a learning disorder so I recently booked appointments at 2 locations to be assessed for this. However, my psychological review for one place will not be finished for a few more weeks and my assessment for the other place isn't until early June so I don't know if I can use this as a reason for an extension because I don't know if I have been diagnosed or not

My question ultimately is what can I do to get this extension, How can I explain my reasons without evidence? Should I make up a reason that may be more valid and if so what should I use that would be effective?

Thank you
By learning disorder do you mean they suspect that you have dyslexia or something similar?
I d say just be honest and explain that you re struggling,if you lie such as an illness or something thye could ask for a doctors note or the like so being dishonest just wouldnt work out.

Quick Reply

Latest