BUSS3 / BUSS4 Worked/Model answers

Watch this thread
katy223
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Would anyone have any model essay examples which shows the grade and mark so i have an idea on how to structure etc
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by katy223)
Would anyone have any model essay examples which shows the grade and mark so i have an idea on how to structure etc
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Business and Management forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=111
sg123
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I Was wondering if I could post a few essays and if you could please tell me what I need to improve on etc..
(2) First Cars PLC has set itself the objective of being the leading car club operator in London by 2012. what do you consider to be the most important issues that the company faces when implementing a workforce plan to achieve this objective? Justify your view (16 marks)

Workforce planing involves forecasting the number and type of employees the business needs in order to meet its objectives.

One of the issues first cars company faces, when implementing a workforce plan is the higher percentage of existing temporary staff of 80% compared to the car club proposal of 10%. This may be important to consider because if the majority are on temporary contracts it may be because they have other commitments such as education and are currently students. therefore, if most of the staff are required to be full-time, the temporary staff may lack the skills and expertise needed. Thus, this may be an important issues because the work-force may not be able to meet the requirements and will need further training, which needs to be implemented in the workforce plan. This is because in order to meet the objective, the staff need to be literate and multi-skilled. However, this depends on if they are able to leave their other commitments in order to be trained as full-time staff, if not, the workforce plan needs to consist of recruitment and job description in order to recruit new staff.

Another issue, is the high training budget of £400,000, this may be an issue because of the rising costs of petrol, car tax and insurance which also need to be paid for. Therefore, she will need to find a source of income to provide for the budget and cut costs, which can be done by redeploying her employees from 300 to 30. But this may be difficult to implement as she may not be able to pay their redundancies due to her current cash-flow problems and limited financial reserves. However, this depends on how the 30 staff react to the re-deployment as it might demotivate them due to lack of morale and may hinder the company of achieving its objective.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads