Unit 12 - OCR Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration Watch

SmallBlondiie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm completely stuck on this unit about handling mail... Here are the questions, does anyone have any tips:

1.1 Explain how to deal with ‘junk’ mail
1.2 Describe what to do in the event of problems arising when dealing with incoming or outgoing mail
1.3 Describe how to operate a franking machine
1.4 Explain how to prepare packages for distribution
1.5 State organisational policies and procedures on mail handling, security and the use of courier services
1.6 Explain the process for reporting suspicious or damaged items in accordance with organisational procedures
SmallBlondiie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Here is my answer to 1.1 :
Junk mail, otherwise known as unsolicited mail, is received by all workplaces. There are various different ways to deal with junk mail and prevent it from being sent again. One of the simplest options would be to contact the sender directly asking them to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. The Data Protection Act 1998 states under section 11 that every individual has a right to prevent processing for the purposes of direct marketing. There is also the option to return the mail to the sender, remembering to write somewhere on the letter that it is junk mail.
The Mailing Preference Service (MPS) is a service which people and companies can register with for free to reduce the amount of unsolicited mail they receive. It is supported by the Royal Mail as well as the Information Commissioner’s Office which is an independent authority to uphold information rights.
skilshaw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can anybody please help me with the same questions?
Hasmita Lalseya
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hasmita Lalseya
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Describe what to do in the event of problems arising when dealing with incoming or outgoing mail
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1114)
78.9%
Leave (298)
21.1%

Watched Threads