User947387
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys, have attached some questions from the maths past papers, which I have struggling with.

With ques 1, I thought that sin=o/h so, 3/root 34 then multiply by 2. However, that is wrong, the correct answer is listed as C.

Ques 2, I thought was related to differentiation of trig, but; just got utterly bewildered.

Ques 3, I thought was maybe the scalar product of vectors, but again, got lost as to how to determine the values of a and b.

Ques 4, is the same as Ques 1; I thought the answer was C; which was incorrect.

Ques 5 I had split up the equation, placing each of the variables seperately, tried to solve it plugging in values, but; got lost in the process.
Attached files
WingedCurves
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Question 1: What you have calculated was 2sin(x), which is not the same as sin(2x). You may want to consider the application of a trigonometric identity on sin(2x).

Question 2: You are trying to transform the graph of  sinx + \sqrt{3}cosx .

Question 3: It may be helpful to draw these out. We know the unit vector has magnitude of 1, which would transform the dot product of the two to become a.b = cos(t)

Question 4: Similar to question 1, you would have calculated 2sin(x), not sin(2x).

Question 5: We know that a function similar to this one is not defined when the denominator of the fraction is 0.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
28.97%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.35%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads