The Student Room Group

Longest you have taken to get over someone?

And why?

Scroll to see replies

like a year lol.
Whoopsies I posted an answer but it wasn't anonymous so I deleted it :colondollar:

It took me four months to forget about a guy who didn't have the same feelings towards me. I'm a bit of an old-fashioned girl who believes that the guy should tell a girl he likes her FIRST. But when I met him, after one year I was like "f*** it, I'll tell him my feelings." All he did afterwards was play silly mind games, call me rude names and ignore me for weeks on end. So I decided bye bye to all the tears and nights where I lost sleep over him. Couldn't be more relieved tbh. I'll wait when the right guy comes along.
3 months..
Reply 5
Took me a year to get over my first boyfriend when I was 15 (we were together for 17months) - because I thought at the time he was the only guy I'll ever love. Turned out, I was just very childish and didn't want to let go because I used to read a lot of romantic stories.

Posted from TSR Mobile
About two years. Was my first love though.

It would probably have been less but she kept initiating contact and it made it difficult to forget about her.
6 months, having Facebook didn't help.
Original post by ChickenMadness
like a year lol.

Awww :tongue:

Anyway I'm still in the process.

Ok so I started speaking to this Irish man on skype last Aug
& early this April he told me he's a Somalian Muslim from Sheffield :sad:

So now I is heartbroken! :nooo: lol

And we had a 2mth break last fall and I cried everyday and listened to the Script :colonhash: There's this song called Before the Worst that they did, and I used marker to write a verse of the lyrics on my bedroom wall b/c it reminded me of the guy so much. That's when I knew I was depressed n losing it :facepalm2:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Awww :tongue:

Anyway I'm still in the process.

Ok so I started speaking to this Irish man on skype last Aug
& early this April he told me he's a Somalian Muslim from Sheffield :sad:

So now I is heartbroken! :nooo: lol

And we had a 2mth break last fall and I cried everyday and listened to the Script :colonhash: There's this song called Before the Worst that they did, and I used marker to write a verse of the lyrics on my bedroom wall b/c it reminded me of the guy so much. That's when I knew I was depressed n losing it :facepalm2:

What was the deal breaker. Him being Somalian or Muslim? :laugh:

Mine was just when I was 14ish I had this internet girlfriend from sweden who was super hot haha. We played games and went on webcam together :redface: We were gonna get marrrrriiiied haha.

Mine was just when I was 14ish I had this internet girlfriend from sweden who was super hot haha. We played games and went on webcam together :redface: We were gonna get marrrrriiiied haha.

Probably being from Sheffield.

Awww what happened?
Reminds me of my 3 yr relationship with a guy on a gaming site when I was 13-16. When I was about to turn 16 then told me had a 2 yr old son, which meant during the time we were e-together lol he was a cheatin ass dick, yo. Fo shizzle :sad:

And yes it was that he's Somalian...which made him Muslim. So it's...a double edged sword. :s-smilie: lol I'd take a Somalian if he's not Muslim though. But I thought he was someone totes diff :frown: Why do ppl laff at ma pain!? :nooo:
Original post by ArtGoblin

:rofl: Sheffield seems to be a cute lil area...:unsure:

But he told me:

"do you know how boring it is to be Somalian in Sheffield? I lived my fantasy out through you."
WHO FANTASIZES TO BE EYE-DISH?! (that means Irish) :colone:
Original post by ArtGoblin

lol
Original post by Feline_Nymphet
Awww what happened?
Reminds me of my 3 yr relationship with a guy on a gaming site when I was 13-16. When I was about to turn 16 then told me had a 2 yr old son, which meant during the time we were e-together lol he was a cheatin ass dick, yo. Fo shizzle :sad:

And yes it was that he's Somalian...which made him Muslim. So it's...a double edged sword. :s-smilie: lol I'd take a Somalian if he's not Muslim though. But I thought he was someone totes diff :frown: Why do ppl laff at ma pain!? :nooo:

well we were 'together' for 2ish years but she said it was too difficult for her that we don't live near each other sort of thing :tongue: I'm still friends with her though.

and lol you don't have a very good track record with internet relationships haha. I've not been catfished yet.
2 years
As I haven't had a girlfriend or any kind of love interest, it would be an unrequited love I had about 2 years back. After months of self harming and a botched suicide attempt, I got out of the bull**** idealisation I had of her and just realised she actually wasn't that great and moved on with my life.
A long time, I've liked her since I was like 15, now 18, and as much as I've tried moving on, just as I'm about to something will happen and I'm back to square one.
Took about a year to get over him, and 2 years and counting to get over what he did to me (abusive guy).
a year and a half

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending