The Student Room Group

Stuckkkk

I have an unconditional offer from both Sunderland and Northumbria Uni, for Criminology with Psychology, but I'm not sure which one I should choose; however I do know that Northumbria is accredited by the BPS.

HELP
Original post by Kimteasdalex
I have an unconditional offer from both Sunderland and Northumbria Uni, for Criminology with Psychology, but I'm not sure which one I should choose; however I do know that Northumbria is accredited by the BPS.

HELP

If Sunderland isn't BPS accredited then it will be worthless if you want to be a professional psychologist in some way (although >90% of grads don't actually go down that route anyway). Northumbria seems like it is a better university, in a much better city, so i'd go with that. Also, the fact that northumbria's course is BPS accredited it suggests that it is probably better than the sunderland course since it will cover at least the basics of psychology.
Reply 2
Thank you:smile:
Reply 3
Yeah no point going for Sunderland if it isn't BPS accredited, waste of time and money.
Reply 4
Yeah, I'm going to go with Northumbria, thanks to you both
Reply 5
I've heard good things about the psychology department at Northumbria. Apparently it's very well equipped with modern technology. Also its a very applied course.
It's very unusual for a psychology course not to be BPS accredited so I'd question the quality of the course if it isn't.
Reply 6
I know I thought it was weird as well, so I've picked Northumbria, thank you for your help:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Kimteasdalex

HELP

It really depends on the course. I've studied Psychology at Northumbria and loved it. Our core modules lie in traditional areas including statistics, biological, cognitive, social, developmental and individual differences. However, we also have the chance to study fields such as neuropsychology, health psychology and abnormal psychology.

Northumbria is also a very homely campus with an excellent student life :smile:
Reply 8
That does sound really interesting, I'm very excited to start the course, I can't wait!

Quick Reply