I have a question regarding UCAS firm and insurance choices

Watch
kathykathykathy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Not sure if this should be posted elsewhere...?

Does anyone know if it is possible to switch from your firm to insurance choice come June/July/August if you've actually met the offer conditions of the uni you've firmed?

I'm completely torn between two similarly ranked unis with almost identical offers for my firm and am wondering if I can firm the "safe" option (for my personal circumstances) and insure my dream (but potentially risky) uni until I'm more sure. I know that having a couple of extra months to fully decide and possibly revisit at least one of the unis would be absolutely perfect.

I'm not worried about forgoing a genuine back-up choice because I seem to be on track to exceed all of my offers on my Access course.
SuperCat007
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't think you can if you've already made the choice on UCAS. It does say somewhere that if you meet the offer of your firm choice but decide on your insurance you have to decline the firm, but the insurance choice is not obliged to just let you in.

Have a look at the UCAS faq's I'm sure it will be there.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
I believe it is possible, you have to ask your firm university to release you. You should probably also check with your insurance university to make sure they'd still take you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (275)
56.47%
I don't have everything I need (212)
43.53%

Watched Threads