Engineering with Science degree

Watch
Nikeshp79
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is it possible to go into engineering with a science degree? Or do you need to do applied maths after your degree or something?

I like science, but I also would like to innovate. I feel like I can be an innovative person, but the maths throws me! I can make silly errors in core maths but my maths in physics is on point.

I do A2 Physics, Maths and Chemistry and will definitely bu studying these three subjects further at university.
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
It is a tricky one. Many engineering disciplines require pretty specific skill sets. You would be hard pushed to get into civil or process engineering without the relative degree. There are jobs on the periphery of these areas that strictly don't require degree skills but you would be more likely to enter as an apprentice rather than a fully blown graduate with a basic grounding of the subject in hand.

If your goal is to become an engineer, I would do an engineering degree. If you immediate goal is to study science for the joy of studying then go for it, but do so in the knowledge that your chosen career might be harder to obtain.

Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads