Thoughtcrime legislation Watch

CycleofSpin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The government wants to pass "thoughtcrime legislation" against "hate", "extremism" and even positions such as "Holocaust denial" (actually revisionism) or "9/11 denial" (actually revisionism).

They want to do this without a precise definition of what extremism is or even evidence.

This could even be used to silence political opponents or shut down democratic parties for example they way this was done in Egypt.

The question that needs to be asked is why do we want to turn opinions into crimes?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5912012

http://www.christianconcern.com/our-...to-free-speech

Posted from TSR Mobile
Farm_Ecology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the anti-speech laws in england are bad enough as they are.

But legitamate opposition has historically been stifled under the guise of hate and extremism.

Unfortionately, I can't really comment on my views on freedom of speech.
ChampagneCharlie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A thought crime will be defined as anything that opposes their agenda.
CycleofSpin
Rep:
?
(Original post by ChampagneCharlie)
Message to be deleted by censors:

Being against parliamentary democracy and freedom of speech is a thoughtcrime as far as MOD security vetting is concerned.

But using these mechanisms for approved positions is a thoughtcrime at the same time.

The term freedom makes these official positions an official contradiction.

Why do we have official contradictions?

Because we have an occupation government. We have had an occupation government since World War II. (Some call it British Israeli Zionist World Occupation government). - The Balfour Declaration 1917 is evidence for the existence of this occupation government. I could name the censorship of at least 20 other historical events which are evidence of this.

It seems that UKIP is the only main political party that wants to tacitly oppose this occupation government.

Posted from TSR Mobile
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Stop with this anti-Jewish rubbish would you. The problems in Britain were settled when the Whigs imprisoned a High Tory for speaking against the English Bill of Rights and the High Tories rioted. Since then the Whigs passed an anti-riot action which wasn't enforced by High Tory governments. So freedom of speech was established for religious opinions. Since Catholic emancipation and the dissolution of the High Tories and Tory party in 1834 the Liberal/Whig/Puritans have increased their power within Britain. So you can't blame Jews for something that has been taking place since the War of the Three Kingdoms.
CycleofSpin
Rep:
?
(Original post by william walker)
Stop with this anti-Jewish rubbish would you. The problems in Britain were settled when the Whigs imprisoned a High Tory for speaking against the English Bill of Rights and the High Tories rioted. Since then the Whigs passed an anti-riot action which wasn't enforced by High Tory governments. So freedom of speech was established for religious opinions. Since Catholic emancipation and the dissolution of the High Tories and Tory party in 1834 the Liberal/Whig/Puritans have increased their power within Britain. So you can't blame Jews for something that has been taking place since the War of the Three Kingdoms.
In not blaming "The Jews", that is a position that is very unspecific and much lacking in knowledge. (Who exactly are "the Jews"?) I'm blaming a consortium of powers which include a heavy slice of federated Zionism. Someone would have to be in denial or on drugs to deny the federated Zionism that is today highly visible in the United States e.g. Continuous Presidential high stakes backing of AIPAC. Anyone who is not convinced can just google "Obama AIPAC" and look under google images.

Posted from TSR Mobile
william walker
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CycleofSpin)
In not blaming "The Jews", that is a position that is very much lacking in knowledge. I'm blaming a consortium of powers which include a heavy slice of federated Zionism. Someone would have to be in denial or on drugs to deny the federated Zionism that is today highly visible in the United States e.g. Continuous Presidential high stakes backing of AIPAC. Anyone who is not convinced can just google "Obama AIPAC" and look under google images.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure if you just looked at those things at AIPAC and nothing else you would think the Zionists are the issue. However I look are more than just the Zionists and I know they have little influence compared to Liberals.
CycleofSpin
Rep:
?
(Original post by william walker)
Sure if you just looked at those things at AIPAC and nothing else you would think the Zionists are the issue. However I look are more than just the Zionists and I know they have little influence compared to Liberals.

My starting position here was not about Zionists. It's was about thoughtcrime legislation. I never said that the liberals are not associated with this.

The liberals are massively associated with this, that is new variant "liberals".

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeanDouglas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Will offer a good justification for what are currently unlawful arrests.
Ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brinner405
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChampagneCharlie)
The problem comes with the fact that most people arenaive enough to believe that this is the end of history, everything isrighteous, at least the way power is structured, and the principles defined bypeople like Machiavelli no longer apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads